| 26 |

I had finally managed to get Seojun to sleep in his crib when there had been a knock at the door to the appartment. Quietly I had adjusted my sweater before quickly and quietly making my way out to the door, anticipating someone to either knock again or announce who they were.

"Li Yang?" a familiar voice called out and I continued to stay silent, "it's me Jungwon. Can you open the door?"

I quietly hesitated before slowly opening the door and Jungwon immediately looked down at me with a small smile. I hadn't opened the door properly before he had pointed past me, wordlessly asking to be let in.

I nodded as I opened the door further and he stepped in, closing the door behind himself. He held his school satchel in front of him as he didn't take off his shoes nor coat.

"Sunoo told me about what you had found on the lists I had provided you with," Jungwon spoke and I just quietly nodded, "so, he doesn't know this, but I'm gonna take you down to the police station, to my dad," he started and my eyes immediately widened, "he'll help us create a false identity for you here in the West, so in case any Eastern officers should still want to go around and look for Easterners you would have a false passport you can show them. Plus I'll get him to work his unit in the direction of finding your father. They're searching through the Stasi jail a third time tomorrow, and I got him to look out for your dad."

"Thank you," I whispered as Jungwon just smiled softly down at me.

"Now get on your shoes and take a jacket with you," he urged and I quietly nodded before slipping on my boots and grabbing one of Sunoo's jackets, "Seojun?"

"Sleeping," I excused and Jungwon nodded, "it's alright... Sunoo's dad should be home in ten minutes, according to what he told me this morning."

"Then let's go," Jungwon smiled and opened the door for me once again.

Jungwon led the way out onto the streets of West Berlin. It was nice for a change, I don't remember the last time I dared stepped out on a street to get fresh air, and now I was out of the appartment I did feel fear take over me.

Immediately I grabbed onto the sleeve of Jungwon's jacket, making him look down at me before wrapping an arm around my shoulders and giving them a small squeeze.

"Relax, if anyone stops us we'll just say you're my sister," he assured and I quietly nodded as my eyes darted around the city picture that looked so familiar to what I had lived in, but still was so different, "you're safe Li Yang, don't worry."

The way Jungwon had said it seemed so sincered that I actually felt myself relax a bit more. As we began walking through the streets I tried to act as calm as possible, while still holding a tight grip onto Jungwon's jacket.

My breath hitched in my throat as we turn a corner and Jungwon sets the direction straight towards Charlie Checkpoint, one of the places you could cross the border between East and West Berlin, not that many Easterners had crossed it... legally.

"It's right in here," Jungwon speaks up to my relief a few hundred meters from the checkpoint, turning towards what looks like a small department of the West Berlin policeforce.

Not hesitating for a second Jungwon just walks in and greets the few officers and secretaries we meet on our way, most of them giving me funny looks, which Jungwon just brushes off as he walks into an office with quite a few tables standing around with loads of papers. Somewhere someone is yelling things about a new bunch of Easterners crossing the border near Brandenburger Tor and that a unit should be sent to them.

"Dad," Jungwon walks straight up to a man, who looks up from his papers and smiles at Jungwon, "could we make the passport for Li Yang now?"

"Now?" the man repeats as he widdens his eyes slightly and looks over at me, "Jungwon I thought we agreed that we had to agree on a time to do it."

"Please dad? She hasn't been outside the appartment since the 9th," Jungwon stated and glanced over at the calendar on his dad's desk, "and it's the 29th. She's scared to go out without a passport."

"We'll have to make a new name for her," his dad remarked and Jungwon just nodded at him, "you got that sorted."

"Niki and his family agreed that we could put her record on their family," Jungwon nodded as his dad sighed and got out a paper, "Nishimura Keiko," Jungson spoke as his dad scribbled it down before Jungwon looked down at me, "Niki's sister chose it for you... something with it meaning blessed child."

"Take her to the photo room, and I'll go get everything in order," his dad spoke as he got up and walked off to somewhere.

Without another second passing Jungwon immediately walked me to a small room, in which there was a white screen, stool and a camera resting on a table. He didn't call in any officers or such, just told me to sit on the stool and look at the camera as he took the pictures.

It seemed to take quite a while for everything to be processed. From when we had arrived at the policestation and until I was signing in the passport as Nishimura Keiko there must've passed at least two hours.

On the way home Jungwon had somehow heard of how there was a lot of things that wasn't common to get in the East, so he had offered to go in and buy a chocolate bar. Despite how much I had refused it he had insisted and ended up buying me one in a nearby candyshop to the building Sunoo and his dad lived in.

"Now... enjoy your chocolate and go up and assure Sunoo you weren't kidnapped or anything," Jungwon remarked as he left me outside the appartment building with a cheeky smile, "maybe you should start in school soon. If Niki hasn't scared you too much we'll adopt you into our group immediately."

"Thank you," I smiled as he just nodded before running over the road and onto the opposite side walk, shoving his hands into his pockets as he began his walk home.

For once I didn't feel scared to stand out on the street alone. Proudly I turned around and felt my new passport in my pocket as I walked into the building and the seven floors up. I knocked on the door to the appartment, realizing I didn't have a key for it.

Not five seconds had passed before the door swung open and Sunoo looked at me with a panicked look in his eyes.

"Thank god," he breathed me out before pulling me into a tight hug, "where the hell have you been?" he questioned as he pushed me out in arm's length, "do you have any idea how worried I was."

"Jungwon took me to get a passport," I excused and Sunoo frowned at me.

I simply pulled out the small booklike passport from the pocket in the jacket and handed it to him, immediately he checked it, arching a brow as he read it over.

"Nishimura Keiko?" he questioned and glanced up at me as I nodded.

"Niki and his family agreed that I could go into their family records... so now I can walk outside without being scared," I excused as a small smile grew on Sunoo's face, "and with some luck I'll feel brave enough to go to school soon."

"I'll take you with me on Monday," Sunoo nodded at me, "we can go to the office and check then."