| 13 |

I quietly fiddled with the keys as we reached the seven floor of the complex. I had caught Sunoo curiously glancing around once in a while, to whcih I had continued to nudge him, to make him stop. But now that we were inside I didn't see the need to do that anymore, there wasn't any cameras in the stairwell anyways.

"Here, let me," Sunoo excused and softly took the keys from my hands, "which one is it?"

"The one with a squared head," I sighed as I grabbed tightly onto my hands and he softly hummed before finding the key and carefully unlocking the door for me, letting me step in first, "it's not much, but it's home you know."

"I like it," Sunoo immediately smiled as he looked around before his eyes fell back on me, "here, let me..." he trailed off as he grabbed his jacket from my shoulders and hung it up in the front hall before we both slipped out of our boots.

"So uhm... I gotta check on the neighbour boy tonight, just to make sure he's eaten dinner, because his family is going to the West," I excused and Sunoo just nodded at me.

"How come they be able to go to the West?" Sunoo questioned and I smiled slightly as I continued into the apartment.

"They have an elderly grandma that needs support on a daily basis over in the West, but once in a while the support worker is unable to meet so they have a pass to travel across the border to take care of her," I excused, "the wall apparently seperated her from the rest of the family."

"That's terrible," Sunoo muttered and I shrugged.

"We're just lucky to live in the East," I excused and he gave me a weird look as I glanced to the nearest microphones I knew was in the house. He immediately nodded with a look of realization, "so... about dinner... I don't actually have that many ideas, nor that much money as of right now. So we'll have to survive on bread, is that alright?"

"Yeah, yeah, it's fine," he nodded at me before a smile spread on his face.

"What?" I questioned in confusion and he held up a small package.

"I promised I would bring you something, didn't I?" he questioned and extended it towards me and I immediately looked at him in shock.

"Oh I didn't think you meant it," I whispered as I carefully grabbed the package and he just smiled and encouraged me to open it.

Much to my surprise and delight it was a chocolate bar that hid behind the packaging. My mouth hung slightly agape as I pulled out the chocolate bar, I had only heard of this brand from Tania, she said it was something the exclusively had in the West.

"You didn't..." I muttered and he smiled widely.

"I had a hunch you might like chocolate," he excused and I grinned widely before lunging at him and throwing my arms around his neck as a small laugh escaped me, "owa... you surprised me there."

"Thank you so much, I'll eat it slowly," I exclaimed as he just carefully hugged me back and I heard him exhale deeply.

"You have no idea for how long I've wanted to hug you," he whispered into my shoulder and I let out a small laugh.

"You know..." I quietly whispered before pulling his head down beside mine so I could whisper to him, "Your smile is much prettier up close than it is when we're 6 meters apart."

As I let go of his head he immediately grinned widely down at me and I felt myself warm up just a bit by the sight of it.

"Your laugh is the prettiest music I ever heard," he cooed back in return and I let go of him before softly hitting his chest.

"Ey, don't say cheesy things like that," I complained and he let out a bright laugh as I took a step back and let out a small sigh as I just looked at him.

"What?" he questioned in amusement.

"I don't know... I'm happy... just happy," I shrugged and he smiled softly at me as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Well... Miss Happy... how about we go get some food, because I'm feeling a tad bit hungry," Sunoo spoke and I just nodded before reaching over and grabbing his wrist, pulling him with me out to the kitchen.

I immediately put the chocolate bar in the fridge and grabbed the butter and one apple from the fridge. I quietly began moving around and just finding bread, plates, knife and glasses for water. 

"You really don't have more," Sunoo murmured as I began heating the bread for us on the toaster.

"No," I shook my head with a small smile, "mom and dad are both away for investiagtion, mom's salaray will first be paid out in the start of November and it's not like I have time to work when I'm also a student."

"That's still half a month without money to buy any other food, you're gonna starve Lin," he stated and I glanced at him with a funny look, "sorry, I just... I became used to using that nickname to my dad and I guess it stuck."

"I like it," I commented with a small smile, "you can continue calling me that," I assured as I cut out the apple into small slices.

I quickly fixed two pieces of bread with butter for each of us, a glass of water each and most of the apple for Sunoo than for me, much to his dismay.

"I can't eat it anyways, just take it," I assured and Sunoo just gave me a skeptical look, "wanna watch the news?"

"News?" he questioned and I nodded at him.

"We can't afford the other Eastern channels," I excused and he slowly nodded at me, "so you wanna watch?" I made sure to give Sunoo a look that practically screamed we were forced to watch it before he just nodded at me, "good, then let's go see it."

We walked into the living room and I was VERY hesitant with turning on the television. I quietly sat on the couch beside Sunoo biting down on my bottom lip as my hand just clutched tightly around the remote.

"Let me turn it on," Sunoo offered and softly grabbed the remote from my hand and turned the television on as the intro for the news started.

He softly laid the remote on the teatable as he grabbed an apple slice and glanced over at me. I sat stifly in the couch and just stared at the screen. He carefully reached over and grabbed my hand softly, making me slowly turn my head to him.

Once we got eye contact he just softly smiled and me and gave me a small nod as he began rubbing his thumb back and forth across the back of my hand.