| 3 |

I quietly sat in my window once again as I continued reading in the book mom had given me. We still kept finding small hidden cameras and microphones around the appartment, but we knew we couldn't just remove them. But luckily enough they only put up microphones in the bathroom and two bedrooms. Every other room there was cameras.

A small tap on my window made me immediately look up. I was immediately worried that a bird had flown into my window again, as they did so often. A few months back, around May, there had been a period where multiple birds had flown into my window.

But instead of seeing a bird I saw a white balloon, a small branch tied to the bottom of it and a white piece of paper wrapped around it. I carefully opened my window and pulled it inside before looking across from me.

Immediately I spotted Sunoo standing in his window and smiling brightly before waving. He gestured for me to grab the letter around the branch and I slowly did so before unfolding it. On the inside of the letter was a small message written in a neat handwriting, in a red pen. I smiled softly at the small message.

'I read advanced physics, so I came up with how we can send longer messages to one another! Write a reply to me and just attach it to the branch and softly push it back towards me. However, we can only use this on non-windy days.

Do you like my idea?'

I smiled softly before looking up at Sunoo, who stood expectantly in his window, seemingly very nervous about my reply. I immediately nodded and watched as relief washed over his body language.

I quickly rushed over and ripped off a small piece of paper from my notebook and quickly scribbled down my reply to him. It wasn't much, or very personal. I was just curious, and I needed to know.

'I love your idea!
Can you please tell me about the west?'

I quickly rushed back and tied the note to the branch on the balloon. I opened my window once more and looked around before softly pushing the balloon off once again and watched it as It soared back towards Sunoo, who easily caught it and brought it inside his room.

He easily and quickly read my note before holding up his hand, as if asking for me to wait before he sat down by his desk and began writing. I really hoped he could tell me something. He must've heard some things about the East in the same way I had heard things about the West.

While waiting I quickly looked through my room and found a small blue box where I laid the small note Sunoo just had sent me. I barely even got to close the box before another tap was on my window and I literally ran over and brought it inside, catching a small smile spreading on Sunoo's face before I quickly unfolded the letter and was met with the same red pen again.

After quickly looking over the letter and declaring there was no questions for me I put the letter aside to read it later tonight before quickly rushing over and scribbling down an answer for Sunoo.

'Thank you so much, you have no idea how much this means to me. I've always wondered how the West was. I hope to visit it one day'

I quietly watched as the balloon flew its way back to Sunoo who happily caught it and quickly opened the letter. I quietly watched as his eyes trailed over my words and his smile slowly faltered and he wrote a short message back to me, that quickly and easily got delivered to me.

'Then run away, escape to the West. You can stay with me until you can find a place for yourself here. We've hid Easterners before. I'm sure dad would want to hide you too.'

My smile stayed soft on my face before I just looked up at Sunoo and shook my head, trying to keep in my tears even though I knew he wouldn't be able to see if they were to fall. It always hit close to home whenever someone asked me to escape, I really wanted to do it, but I knew what danger it meant for me.

I quietly turned around to write another note for Sunoo. It was short and quite informative, but it was enough to be said.

'I help people try and escape to the West.
Saturday at 12, look out at No Man's Land, but only do it if you're alright with witnessing an escape go wrong. I can't promise anything.
Then you'll know why I won't try and escape'

I quietly walked back and tried it to the branch, glancing over to see Sunoo impatiently waiting while he fiddled around with his hands. I immediately glanced around before sending it across once more.

It looked like Sunoo had almost jumped out of his window to quickly grab onto it before quickly folding out the piece of paper. He slowly looked back up at me, but he was too far away for me to see whether it was shock or confusion that was on his face as he looked over at me.

I didn't feel like answering or getting any more letters today, so I just held up my hand as if to wave at him before slowly walking over to my desk in the far corner of the room to make my homework.