| 20 |

The happy cheering chaos around me was overwhelming. I couldn't go far through the crowd before someone hugging me, congratulating me with a happy cheer or a pat on the shoulder.

I clutched my bag strap tightly in my hand, as it was swung over only my right shoulder. My gaze kept flickering back and forth between the people I was passing, but none of them was the raven haired boy I desperately was looking for.

It had reached a point where I was just kindly denying everyone who was approaching me in an attempt to try and congratulate me. I had dodged everyone and pulled away the moment I had felt someone try and pull me in for a hug.

"Sunoo!" I let out a loud yell as my last resort to find the raven haired boy, but the crowd was going against me and I was struggling to keep up my pace against the stream of people that was rushing to welcome everyone from the West.

"Lin!" 

A loud yell rung through all the cheers and a spark of hope immediately ignited in me. I gritted my teeth as I rushed to push through a group once again. By now I had tears streaming down my face out of pure fear of getting squished in the mass of people and from all the desperate feelings I had about finding Sunoo.

"LIN!"

I eagerly looked around with wide eyes, attempting to find the raven hair, warm eyes and wide smile I had fallen so much for in the past few months. I wanted to see him and I wanted to see him right now.

"On the wall!"

My eyes immediately turned to the wall beside me as I looked along it, looking at all the people who were cheering underneath it, before my eyes stopped by a pair of brown boot standing on top of the wall. My eyes slowly trailed up the legs and onto the coat until I was met with a wide warm smile.

A sigh of relief immediately escaped my mouth as I rushed over and grabbed onto his hand, which he had extended down to me. He easily helped pull me up, and once I stood on the wall I felt everything well over me.

I felt invincible now that I stood upon the big structure that had limited my life for such a long time. 

Once I turned my head, from marvelling out over the crowd underneath us I immediately met the brown eyes that stared at me as if I was the best thing that ever happened to them. I let out a small laugh of disbelief as both my hands went to cover my mouth. Sunoo quickly wrapped his arms around my waist, as if to secure I didn't fall down.

"Careful or we fall," he quietly whispered and I just nodded as I looked at him with wide eyes. It almost felt like I was meeting him for the first time again, maybe because we didn't have to hide anymore, "I wanted you to see it from up here... I thought it was a nice sight for you," he excused as he looked down at the group under us.

Another small laugh left my lips as I quickly reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck, only resulting in his grip around my waist tightening just slightly before his head went down to bury itself in the crook of my neck.

"Everything is gonna be better now," he quickly whispered and I just hugged him even tighter, "Lin?"

"Hm?" I hummed as I got lost in the flowery scent he had around him.

"Look at me," he insisted and I pulled my face a bit away from him to look up at him.

Once I looked up at him his lips pulled up into a warm smile, before he tugged a strand of my hair over behind my ear. Using the other arm to hold me tightly into him.

"Welcome to the West," he whispered with a goofy smile on his face, only making me let out a small laugh at him, "and now... you are never going back to the East again."

"I have nowhere to go," my smile slowly faltered in realization.

"Didn't I tell you my dad and I happily took in escapees from the East?" he let out a small laugh as his hand that had tugged my hair away went down and intertwined it's fingers with mine, "my dad already set up a place for you to sleep... though I would prefer you to sleep in my arms just for the next few days."

I smiled widely up at Sunoo who just grinned in return. I don't exactly know who initiated it, who leaned in first and who closed the gap. But before I knew it my eyes were closed, one of my hands were on his cheek, and his lips were on mine. I stood slightly on my toes and he had bent down a bit to reach my lips properly. 

Around us the happy cheers of the East being open echoed out through the streets, but just in that moment it felt like they cheered for us. Cheered for our feelings and our happiness. Even though they didn't, it felt like it. 

And I never wanted it to end. Never.