| 35 |

The holiday cabin was situated in the middle of a pine tree forrest, only adding to the feeling of Christmas. Snow had been shovelled away on most of the paths, but in between the trees were at least ankle deep snow.

I carefully ventured into the snow with Seojun sitting on my arm, in some snowsuit Sunoo's dad had found from when Sunoo was younger. iT was almost the same blue the jacket I had bought for him was.

"Look at that," I quietly cooed at Seojun as I placed him down in the snow, helping him to keep his balance as I knelt down in the big boots I had been borrowing for the trip.

The small boy immediately let out a bright laugh before abruptly slipping out of my hands and sitting down with a thump. Only resulting in another bright laugh from him.

The sound of the door opening from the house snapped my attention away from the wildly laughing boy and over to Sunoo, who rushed out as he pulled on his beanie, to keep his ears warm.

"What are you thinking about? Going out without gloves on," he quietly scolded as he rushed over and handed a pair of gloves to me, "Look! Your hands are already a bright red!"

"Well, someone was eager to get out in the snow," I excused and looked to Seojun, who just sat and looked up at Sunoo with wide eyes.

Sunoo let out a small laugh as he helped me pull on the gloves, on my already frozen fingers. They were quite sore from the cold and would do good with the warmth of the gloves.

"You like it here?" Sunoo questioned as he picked up Seojun, and I just stood up to wander more into the forrest.

"It smells like Christmas," I nodded as I sucked in a deep breath of the smell that was a mix between resin and freshly fallen snow. The air was cold and biting in my nostrils, but there was some sort of relief over it - which made me automatically relax more.

"Like Christmas?" he let out a small laugh and began marching through the deep snow, meanwhile I just nodded with a hum, "interesting... there's a small swing further down, I think Seojun will like it quite a lot."

I quietly followed after Sunoo, down towards a small lake, which was now covered in a deep layer of solid ice. Meanwhile a bit from the shore stood a tall tree, from which a car wheel swing hung. A sturdy rope was drilled through the swing in four seperate places to keep it horizontal as it barely swung back and forth.

"I used to come here a lot when I was younger. Whenever mom and dad wanted to go here for holiday," Sunoo revealed as he carefully handed me Seojun, "I used to bring my books in the summer to read down here, in the winter I would bring my small sketch book and make these hideous children drawings," he let out a small laugh as he pulled off his scarf and tried it around the four ropes, one corner for each, "and now we have a small hammock for Seojun."

Sunoo carefully took the small boy again and laid him on the middle of the scarf. The small boy happily laughed once again as Sunoo began rocking the swing back and forth as a way to lull the boy back to sleep, which we had struggled with greatly at the cabin.

Slowly I moved down towards the ice and hesitantly stepped out on it, sliding a bit around before regaining my balance once again with a small laugh.

"Be careful, please," Sunoo called out and I just nodded as I began shuffling around on the ice.

I watched as Sunoo quietly stood and sung lullabies to Seojun, blissfully unaware of how I was gathering a small ball of snow in my hands, which was reserved right for the back of Sunoo's head (if I had the aim, which I doubt but that's another side of the story).

Carefully I slid across the ice to stand right behind Sunoo, just a few meters away. Slowly and surely I pulled my arm back and lunged the icy cube straight towards Sunoo. Instead of hitting him in the back of the head I ended up hitting him right in the back.

Within seconds the boy had snapped his head around and looked at me with his mouth agape, looking utmost offended. Within seconds he had forgotten all about the small boy in the swing and lunged right down towards me.

I struggled to get away on the slippery ice, and before I had noticed I had been tackled down onto the ice, having a surprisingly soft landing as I slid across the ice with Sunoo. It was first really then that I realized he had managed to tackle me in a way for him to get ahold of me and make sure I didn't hit the ice too hard.

"Did you just throw a snowball at me," he questioned lowly as I let out a small laugh, in order to cover the fluttering feeling I was feeling in my chest - it didn't help how he was hovering above me.

"Did you just forget everything about Seojun?" I retorted with a small laugh, only earning a loud gasp from him, "Sunoo!"

"I got it under control," he assured and quickly pecked my cheek before scrambling to get up from the ice and over to the small boy, "he's asleep," he remarked as I sat up on the ice and glanced around, slowly pushing myself up from the ground and wobbling over onto the non-slippery snow covered shore.

"But you know what?" I questioned as I walked up and carefully picked up the sleeping boy, "I had my fun."

"You just enjoy teasing me!" Sunoo exclaimed and I nodded as I carefully bounced Seojun on my arm, "it's not even fair!"

"Life ain't fair Hun," I remarked and carefully began walking back towards the holiday cabin, "and now this kid is asleep we can finally have some peace."

"Do you ever see him as our child?" Sunoo questioned and rushed up to walk beside me. Instead I simply raised both my eyebrows and looked at him, "I mean... we both take care of him quite a lot, and you know... we're sort of uhm... a couple."

"I guess technically we treat him like he is our kid, but I don't want children before I'm like 30, and I don't want him to grow up and think we're his parents," I shrugged and Sunoo just quietly hummed at me, "I don't know... I think my parents raised my quite traditional when it came to those things. I'd rather get married before having kids than the other way around."

"Totally fair," Sunoo assured quickly, "it is your body, so it's your choice."

I looked over at him in surprise with wide eyes as he casually led the way back towards the cabin. I think it was first really then that I realized how extremely lucky I was, just the fact that he had contacted me from across No Man's Land, and all up until now. I was so lucky.

He was absolutely perfect.