| 36 |

"Sunoo," I called out from the door to the bedroom, making said boy abruptly turn to me while he was fixing his hair, "say goodnight to Seojun," I urged and nodded towards the baby in my arms.

"Ooooh," he cooed out and rushed over towards me, gushing a bit to Seojun before he realized what he was doing and his ears turned a bright red, "good night Seojun."

"Cute," I mumbled in amusement as Sunoo carefully played with the boy's hand, "I'll come in just a moment, I'll just put Seojun to sleep."

"Yeah, sure," he nodded at me.

I quietly continued down the hallway to where Sunoo's dad was gonna sleep, but he was yet to go to bed. He claimed he had to stay up and wrap a few Christmas presents beforehand. 

Seojun was placed carefully in his crib, letting out small sounds of dismay as I did so. I stayed by Seojun for a while, rocking the crib a bit back and forth while quietly humming a lullaby I remember from when I was younger.

Eventually Seojun went silent and just kept breathing heavily as he had fallen asleep. I tugged the blanket a bit longer up under his chin as I quietly left the room.

"What song was that?" Sunoo questioned the moment I stepped out on the hallway, making me jump slightly as I placed a hand over my heart, "sorry," he laughed quietly.

"It's alright," I murmured and continued down towards the bedroom, "it was a lullaby my mom used to sing."

Sunoo didn't say anything, he simply hummed and wrapped an arm around my shoulders to pull me into him as we walked back towards the bedroom.

The second we had stepped into the bedroom I had let out a small yawn, resulting in Sunoo helping me to the bed while he went to grab something for himself.

"Sunoo?" I questioned, only earning a hum from him, "will you braid my hair?"

"Yeah, of course," he assured softly and I extended a hair tie towards him.

Sunoo grabbed a hairbrush and sat down behind me while grabbing the hairtie. Quietly he began brushing my hair softly, making sure that it didn't hurt whenever he came across a tangle.

"How do you wanted it braided? Normal, French, or Dutch?" he questioned.

"Just normal," I shrugged and he hummed as I felt him part my hair.

I could just braid my hair myself, but I wanted him to do it simply because I liked the feeling of him touching and running his hands through my hair. He was so soft and gentle with it, almost making me fall asleep each time.

"You like this, don't you?" Sunoo let out a small laugh at me.

"Yeah I do," I hummed in content.

"You hum a lot when I braid your hair, you know," he remarked and my eyes immediately shut open, "I find it cute..." he trailed off, "there... all braided."

"Thanks," I muttered and let myself fall backwards onto the mattress, having Sunoo do the same right beside me.

"And you're sure you don't want a bed for yourself?" Sunoo questioned as he turned his head towards me.

"Sunoo," I let out a small laugh, "if I wanted a bed for myself I would've asked the moment I got to West Berlin."

"So you don't mind... if I maybe... you know," he continued and I turned my head to look at him.

"You've done it loads of times," I reminded him with a laugh and he just nodded.

"Tonight feels different," he excused as I let out a small laugh and rolled over to wrap my arms up around his neck.

"Get the blanket," I demanded and he let out a small laugh before reaching over and grabbed the blanket, spreading it over both of us, "and now you do like you've always done."

Sunoo let out a small laugh before scooping an arm under my waist and pulling me closer to him, a small satisfied smile on his face.

"It's Christmas tomorrow," he remarked and tugged a strand of hair, he didn't get into the braid, over behind my ear.

"It is," I confirmed with a small laugh.

"I didn't buy you a present, but I think I still have one," he revealed and I raised both my eyebrows, "shocker, I know... or well, I think it's a present, depends really."

"Well, what is it?" I questioned and he just shook his head, "oh come on, I can't wait until tomorrow. I'm impatient when I know there's a present waiting for me."

"You're adorable, you know," he remarked with a small laugh and I just shrugged, "that's just how it is, isn't it?"

"Do you mind?" I questioned and he immediately shook his head.

"Not really no," he whispered quietly, softly caressing my cheek, "I have quite the urge to kiss you right now, if I have to be honest," he quietly admitted, surpressing a wide grin with a small smile.

"What's stopping you?" I whispered in return.

"What I want to give you as a present," he stated and I quietly nodded, "you want to know what it is?"

"Obviously," I replied, making him give my waist a small squeeze.

"Alright, let me just have a moment," he excused and closed his eyes tightly, sucking in a deep breath before letting it go once again, "I'm in love with you... like holy shit I actually love you, and I love you so much you have no idea what you do to me."

A small smile spread on my face as I listened intently to Sunoo, who eventually just ended up letting out a small sigh, pressing his face into my shoulder as he let out a small whine of embarrassment.

"Ah this was too fast, I want too fast, and I didn't want to mess this up, but now I went too fast and I messed it up and-" Sunoo began rapidly rambling into my shoulder until I eventually cut him off.

"Sunoo, I love you too," I spoke up making him immediately go dead silent, not moving one inch. 

"What?" he murmured and I let out a small laugh while playing with the hair on the back of his neck.

"Don't make me repeat myself, you heard me and you surely can feel my heartbeat speeding up," I remarked and he let out a small chuckle before pulling his head away from my shoulder.

"Are you serious?" he whispered and I quietly nodded at him, "you love me?"

"I almost have since you first sent a balloon to me!" I exclaimed with a small laugh, while he just looked at me with endearment written all across his face, "now can I get a kiss?"

"You don't even have to ask," he let out a small laugh.

Within seconds he had leaned his head forward and placed his lips on mine in a soft and gentle kiss. I felt his warmth, endearment and love all in one motion that made me feel safer than I ever had.