| 17 |

I let out a small yawn as my pen continued tapping on my book, quietly as the eraser hit the top of the book. My head rested in my palm as I was struggling to keep my eyes open and focusing on what our teacher was saying.

"Remember to watch the pressmeeting in accordance to the 40th celebration," our teacher spoke and my head immediately lifted from my hand and I looked over towards Tania, who just shrugged at me, "the regime will have some changes to it according to the official statements that has been released. We'll work with the pressmeeting the 10th, on Friday. Remember... Thrusday, the 9th," our teacher spoke, "take notes if needed. Class dismissed."

I let out a heavy sigh and quickly pushed myself up from my chair as I rushed to grab my bag along with my other books and generally just throwing all my belongings into my bag, much to the dismay of my teacher, whom I simply smiled bitterly at.

"What you doing today?" Tania questioned and I looked to her with a small smile and she immediately read my face, "no Lianna," she sighed, "you're not going, forget it."

"Oh come on," I cooed at her, "I can bring him to you, you could meet," I pointed out and she deeply sighed at me, "please Tania, pleaseeeeeee."

"Ask Mark," she sighed as we walked out of the classroom.

"Well... I can only say yes please," Mark spoke up from right behind us, making Tania immediately jump around as Mark let out a small laugh at her, "or we could go with her to the graveyard."

"Not a chance," Tania shook her head at her brother, "you have your fun Lianna, but don't get me killed along with you."

"If she goes down... we go down," Mark whispered to make it extra dramatic.

"Shut up," Tania rolled her eyes and pushed Mark away from her.

"Well... I'll see you two tonight for the project," I pointed out and Tania immediately nodded as Mark grinned widely.

I excitedly waved at them before pulling my coat tighter around me and running off towards the graveyard. I slowed down my running a block before reaching the graveyard. I solely slowed down to catch my breath and calm down a bit before I reached the graveyard.

The moment i reached the graveyard I had first stopped in my tracks. There was two officers patrolling the place, much to my confusion. Nonetheless I slowly entered through the small gate and continued over towards the path that led down to the trees.

I avoided all eye contact with the two officers, clearly feeling their gaze on me as I walked by them. I pretended like nothing as I continued my way down to the trees. I constantly felt like I was being watched, and kept looking over my shoulder to see if any of the officers had decided to follow after me, but each time no one was in sight.

I quietly reached the trees and hid behind them, before quickly checking once more, again no one was in sight.

"Well, someone is paranoid today," Sunoo's voice spoke up and I jumped in my spot before he let out a small laugh, "relax, it's just me," he mumbled and wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"Sorry," I mumbled and turned around in his grip to hug him back, "there was two officers today, and ever since mom-"

"I get it," he whispered and softly patted my hair, "so no chance of going to your place today?"

"I don't think so," I whispered as I shook my head, "I don't feel safe with it at least."

"We're not doing it if you don't feel safe with it," he assured and pulled away slightly so he could look down at me.

"I think something is happening," I whispered and he frowned, "there's a 40th celebration on Thursday, and some pressmeeting is gonna be happening then... there's more officers around town than usual... something is not right."

"Well... what if the pressmeeting is gonna allow for us to meet more, then that's good, right?" Sunoo questioned with a small smile as I quietly just nodded before wrapping my arms up around his neck and pulling him back down to a tight hug, "oya, don't surprise me like that," he let out a small laugh and softly patted my back before tightly wrapping his arms around my neck.

"Sorry," I murmured into his shoulder as the pats on my back slowly turned into small rubs.

"You're really scared, aren't you?" Sunoo whispered and I quietly nodded in return, "listen... we can stop these meetings for as long as you'd like if it'll make you feel better."

"But I wanna see you," I mumbled and he let out a small laugh.

"But you're scared," he reminded, "and something tells me the thing that scares you is if anyone was to see our small meetings with one another."

"I need to see you," I corrected myself and the small rubs on my back slowly stopped as I felt Sunoo quietly stiffen, "it distracts me from mom... I need some happiness to distract me."

"Lin..." Sunoo softly spoke and I hummed, not loosening my grip around him one bit, "I think... we shouldn't meet more times this week... you need to relax a bit more once again and get less paranoid. I can't keep coming if you're scared about it... I want you to feel safe around me, okay?"

"I feel safe around you," I pointed out as he softly pushed me a bit away from me to give me a stern look.

"I know you do... but you're still scared whenever I'm around," he pointed out and I stayed silent as I pursed my lips, "I'll wait by my window everyday and I'll first go away once you've waved to me with a bright warm smile, got that?"

"Promise we can meet again when I ask for it," I spoke and he immediately nodded with a soft smile.

"I promise," he softly assured before brushing my hair out of my face, "now... I'll go, okay?"

"Okay," I mumbled as he smiled softly down at me, immediately spreading a warmth in my chest before he softly pressed his lips to my forehead, rubbing my cheeks with his thumbs.

"One day, that kiss will be on the lips," Sunoo whispered as I smiled slightly and looked down at my boots.

"I'll look forward to that day."