| 12 |

"You gotta get up you know," Tania commented as she stood in the door to my room, leaning against the door frame as she looked at me.

"Miss Schneider certified my abscence... I told her I got terribly sick," I waved it off before directing my stare back up to the ceiling once again, "when are you going again?"

"Hm?" she hummed and looked over at me as I slowly propped myself up on my elbows.

"When are you going again?" I repeated and she slowly nodded.

"Today, for granny's birthday. Mark has to stay home this time," Tania sighed as she pursed her lips. The rule was that if someone was to travel from East to West someone family related had to stay back to ensure that the person travelling always returned, last year it was Tania that couldn't go, then we had sat in my room all day and read books together, sharing some of the snacks we had spent weeks gathering together, just for that one day.

"Say hi to her from me," I sighed before flopping down on my bed again.

"Can I get you to check on Mark at least?" she sighed and I glanced than her, "if I know my brother right, which I do, he probably won't get dinner that night."

"I'll check him," I hummed at her, "when is it? You didn't give me a date."

"I did tell you, today Lianna," she pointed out and I frowned up at my ceiling, "it's Saturday today Lianna... you've been laying there for a week."

"I have?" I questioned and she hummed at me before I abruptly sat up and looked at her.

"Mhm," she hummed and glanced towards my window, "and from what I can see a certain someone seems worried."

"What's the time?" I questioned and she checked her wristwatch.

"Hmmm... about 11.30am," she calmly shrugged, "we gotta go in ten minutes, so promise me you'll look after Mark."

"Yeah yeah, I got it, I got it," I waved it off as I rushed up from my bed and grabbed my sweater, immediately pulling it over my head, barely getting it on before running over to my window, immediately seeing Sunoo snap his head up in surprise.

"I think he wants to see you again," Tania softly spoke, "and as much as I'm against it, I can't stop you."

"I got to go," I muttered as I just eagerly nodded at Sunoo, who quickly stood up from his desk as well and seemingly stumbled about his room as I rushed past Tania and out to the front hall to slip on my boots.

"Remember Mark," Tania rushed out to me and I just nodded as I grabbed my keys and opened the door for her, "I'm serious Lianna... don't get home too late."

"I won't!" I called out as I ran down the stairs in the complex and out on the open street.

The run to the graveyard seemed a lot shorter today than any other day. I had to stop running when I reached the graveyard though, I would get in deep trouble if I was caught running on the graveyard, it was too disrespectful towards the dead. 

I stopped my running as I quietly opened the gate and slowly walked inside, trying to calm down my breathing as I moved along the main path for the next few meters. I sure was gonna get more fit time, by how much I was running to the graveyard in the future.

I didn't even mind the gates to the west before I just turned down another path, down towards the belt of trees I first stood in with Sunoo. Once I reached the small hiding spot I immediately let out a deep breath before I turned to walk into it, immediately taking an abrupt step back by the sight in front of me.

"Sorry, did I scare you?" Sunoo questioned immediately and I just shook my head before walking up beside him and he immediately pulled me into a hug, "I saw what happened a week ago, and when you didn't show up Wednesday I got more worried. Are you good?"

"I'm fine," I whispered and he just looked at me with raised eyebrows as he kept a hold of my arms.

"Are you sure? Is your dad taking good care of you?" he questioned and I slowly frowned at him.

"Sunoo... my dad is under investigation as well," I quietly reminded and his face immediately fell, "I live alone now."

"I can stay the night," he offered and I frowned at him, "dad told me that I could stay if you needed me to."

"You do realize it's dangerous, right?" I whispered and he just nodded at me.

"I'll act like an Easterner," he assured, "I won't say or do anything out in public without you telling me to."

"You can't talk about the regime when inside the appartment, and you can't mention anything that has to do with you being from the West. Sometimes I might say some things that seems weird, but it's to lead you off from what you were saying. If anyone stops us just act like you're my friend or family member. Got it?"

"You'll let me do it?" he whispered in shock.

"I'm really lonely lately and the only one of us that'll be punished badly is me, you'll just be sent back to the West and might get under investigation, but if you keep Seojun's identity hidden it won't be a problem for you," I nodded at him, "so do you want to do this?" I questioned and he immediately nodded at me, "then... I'm sorry but I have to Easternize you."

"Easternize?" he questioned with a small laugh and I nodded before unbuttoning his jacket and checking the shoulders of it.

"Knew it... shoulderpads," I muttered, "how the hell do I cover that up?"

"Easy," Sunoo smiled before pulling off his jacket and throwing it over my shoulders, "it'll just look like I let you borrow my jacket, and the shoulderpads isn't that obvious, because you're smaller than me."

"And then..." I sighed before looking over him," untug your sweater," I mumbled and Sunoo immediately did so before I looked up at him and softly ruffled his hair before pushing it back a bit.

"I'm an Easterner now?" he questioned with a small smile and I nodded.

"Don't look at anything for too long, don't make eyecontact with an officer, hide your passport, and just walk beside me. Don't be nervous, okay?" I questioned and he just nodded at me as I pulled the edges of his jacket closer around me, "follow me and act like nothing."

"Okay," Sunoo nodded as he pulled in a deep breath.

I smiled softly at him before I turned around and began walking and soon heard his footsteps follow after me before he caught up beside me and he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Not in the graveyard," I whispered and he immediately pulled his hands up again, "when we get out you can do it."

Sunoo quietly nodded as we continued walking beside each other up to the small gate I had entered previously. Sunoo quickly rushed forward and opened the gate for me, sending me a small smile as I just smiled in return and walked out before him.

My heart was beating harshly in my chest as we walked down the street, meanwhile I tried to keep my composure and act like nothing was out of the ordinary. 

What I was doing right now could end me in jail.