| 9 |

I quietly buttoned up my coat before grabbing the plastic bag from my desk and setting out to find my boots in the front hall.

"Where are you going?" my mom questioned as she looked up from the book she was reading.

"I just needed some fresh air. I think I'll wander around for a bit," I excused and she just glanced at the plastic bag before nodding at me, "anything about dad?"

"They refuse to tell me anything," mom shook her head before looking back down at her book, "have fun. Don't forget to do your homework."

"I got it all scheduled," I hummed at her before opening the door and walking out.

I rushed down the stairs and quickly checked my wristwatch, I had about ten minutes, and if I ran all the way I would be at the graveyard in about seven minutes. So I did.

The moment I stepped out on the street I quickly looked back and forth for coming cars before setting into a run down towards the graveyard. My lungs were burning once I reached the small gate and stepped through it, remembering to close the cold iron door behind me before I abruptly turned around and looked down the mainpath of the graveyard.

The mainpath was a long wide path that stretched from the small iron gate in East Berlin to the bigger gate in West Berlin. My breath was still rapid as I looked around, soon watching some motion at the other end of the graveyard, but I wasn't sure who it was.

I quietly began walking, trying to act like nothing was happening and that I was searching for a grave while I tried to steady my breath. But not long passed before I saw the gate from West to East get opened and a Stasi officer begin walking across towards the East, a smaller figure following close after before the gate into East Berlin opened and I watched the smaller figure thank the Stasi officer.

I surpressed my smile as I recognized the dark haired boy that quickly handed something to the officer that closely checked what must be a passport. I carefully walked closer, seemingly still reading over the gravestones as I walked closer.

"Miss?" a harsh voice called out and I looked up and locked eyes with the Stasi officer who just sent me a hard glare.

"Yes sir?" I answered calmly, standing a few meters from him, not even glancing at Sunoo who quietly stood and just looked at me. Seojun sitting on his arm with his fist near his mouth, quietly chewing down on a finger or two.

"A Westerner," the officer stated and nudged Sunoo with his baton meanwhile I just nodded, "a distance to be kept."

"I know sir," I nodded at him, "say, sir... you don't happen to know where the grave of Eva Schneider is?" I questioned and he just looked at me, "I'm delivering flowers for our neighbour, who has fallen sick. She said the grave was located in area E1R," I calmly replied and the officer just stretched out his arm past Sunoo's head to point in the direction.

"That would be near the forrested area," the officer stated and I smiled at him.

"Thank you," I replied before glancing at Sunoo and slowly turning around to walk down towards the forrested area of the graveyard.

I didn't know if Sunoo decided to follow right after me or what he did, but once I reached the area I rushed over and hid in a tree belt, from where you could only be seen if you walked all the way up along the wall that ran through the graveyard.

I soon heard footsteps nearing me and my heartbeat immediately fastened up and I prayed it wasn't the officer I spoke to beforehand. I closed my eyes tightly as I heard the footsteps pass before slowly squinting my eyes open again and seeing the dark hair once more.

"Sunoo," I called out in a hushed voice making said boy immediately turn around and look at me.

It was first now I actually saw his features properly. Might I add he is a lot more handsome when there's only about 2 meters between us, than he is when there's 6 meters between us.

His nose was perfectly straight, eyes hooded, yet soft, in a way that made him look like a red fox. His hair looked so soft, but not as soft and rosy as his lips looked as he looked at me in shock.

There was a moment of silence between us as I looked at him in shock that he was this handsome up close. Meanwhile he just stood and looked at me with wide eyes, he probably was in as much disbelief as I was.

Seojun let out a small squeal and I quickly looked to him before a small smile spread on my face.

"Oh my god, you're real," Sunoo whispered and I looked back at him before nodding with a small smile on my face.