| 28 |

Standing back in my old room it was ice cold, seems like I never closed my window after having yelled to Sunoo that day. 

Suddenly all the belongings I used to have just seemed worthless and of no use. It was almost like none of the things in the room had ever had any meaning to me. I coudn't even bring myself to pack down birthday gifts my parents had given me when I was young.  All I ended up packing was a few more sweaters and jeans, nothing else, I didn't seem anything else as needed.

"You knew Marc," Sunoo commented and I just nodded as I swung my bag back over my shoulders, closing the door to the appartment as I turned to him, pointing at the door behind him.

"He and his family used to live in there," I remarked, making Sunoo turn around and just hum at the sight, "sound like his sister and mom moved to Russia after the free travel deal. He was always like an older brother to me... his sister and him... they're like Sunghoon and Jay... I think."

"Really?" Sunoo questioned as we began walking down the stairs once again, "she must've loved to tease."

"He did," I corrected and Sunoo snapped his head over towards me, "Marc is the most mischevious person I have ever met... but I suppose his faded curls is only one part that is different from what he used to be."

Sunoo hummed quietly as we stepped out on the street and began walking back towards the West. I must've visibly tensed up by the way Sunoo grabbed tightly onto my hand, calmly greeting a Stasi officer who just squnited his eyes at us.

"You two," the man called out and I immediately began feeling myself panic, "what are you doing?"

"Oh... we just wanted to look around," Sunoo excused as he turned around and I quickly grabbed onto his hand with both of mine, "we wanted to see if it really was like it is in all those stories."

"I have to see passports before you can go to the West," the officer immediately marched up to us and Sunoo just nodded before digging his hand into his pocket and pulling out his small passport which he handed to the officer.

The man quickly accepted that it was in fact Sunoo's passport and that he indeed was from the West. As the man turned to me however I'm sure I could've thrown up my heart by how fast it was beating. My hand was shaking uncontrollably as I fiddled in my pocket to bring out the fake passport Jungwon had gotten made for me.

"A nervous one, I see," the officer commented and I quickly looked over to Sunoo, who forced out a small laugh.

"Just very shy," Sunoo assured, "you should've seen her the day I introduced her to my family," he excused as the officer opened the passport and held it up beside my face.

"Nishimura Keiko," the officer grumbled and I just hummed with a small nod, reaching out to grab onto Sunoo's hand once again, "what's in the bag?"

"We're coming straight from school," I quietly admitted and he only hummed, quirking an eyebrow as he pursed his lips.

"Very well," he sighed before handing me back the passport, which I was quick to shove back into my pocket, "go on."

I quickly held my head down as I rushed off, harshly pulling Sunoo with me. I probably had him stumbling over his feet a bit before he caught up to me. Nonetheless it was first when I knew we were back on the Western side that I slowed down my pace, which only was stopped by Sunoo shortly after.

"You need to slow down," Sunoo let out a small breath, panting slightly, "are you alright?"

"He could recognize me," I muttered and glanced back down towardsthe East.

"Nonsense, he let you go," Sunoo remarked and I let out a small sigh, closing my eyes tightly, "I know he seemed skeptical and looked at us for a long time, but he would not have let us go here if he was sure we were lying over there. Everything is fine, okay? You're safe, they're not gonna take you."

"I want to go home," I whispered and Sunoo just quietly nodded.

"You know what I think?" Sunoo questioned, to which I stayed quiet, "I think that... for Christmas this year we have to go to the cottage in the forrest," he stated making me frown over at him, "oh right you don't know what that is. We have a family cottage in a small forrest outside of Berlin. We usually spend the summers there, because there's a small lake we swim in. But I think it would be good for you to distance a bit from this city... get your nerves down a bit."

Walking up to the seventh floor suddenly seemed harder than usual, but it was most likely because of the panic I had felt just before when the officer first had stopped us.

"Did you like being to school then?" Sunoo softly questioned as we stepped into the appartment and he took my bag for me while I got out of my jacket myself.

"It felt weird suddenly being in another school," I hummed with a small nod, "but it was nice knowing a few."

"So you'd like to be enrolled?" he questioned and I just shrugged at him, "no?"

"Uhm... maybe after Christmas," I admitted and he frowned at me, "I need to get things on a distance, right?"

"If that's what you'd like," he nodded at me before brushing my hair out of my face, "I gotta go make homework."

"Mhm," I hummed as he pressed a kiss to my forehead, a small smile immediately spreading on my face lingering in the feeling of safety and comfort which Sunoo provided me with.