74.

My heart starts racing, and I'm starting to think of a million ways to get out of this situation

My heart starts racing, and I'm starting to think of a million ways to get out of this situation. I look to Bree and Sarah for help, but they look unbothered. My eyes fall on a familiar male face. A voice behind me whispers "Hey baby", and I feel instant relief. It's just Jace. I breathe out the air I was holding in. 

"You scared me. I thought you were some guy that wouldn't let go of me" I tell him over the music.

"Technically you weren't wrong" Jace smirks at me, handing me a glass of white wine. 

"Right. But you're not some guy" I say, taking my first sip. Looking over to Jace's hand, I see that he's not holding a bottle of beer, but a glass instead. "What are you drinking?" I ask him, still swaying my hips to the music.

Jace is standing in the middle of the dance floor with us. Right. Not the dancing type. "Gin tonic. Ben convinced me to have one. You want to try it?" he asks me, one hand still on my waist. I shake my head no with an uneasy feeling, but brush it off once again.  He can drink. It's fine, Mila. 

I turn back around again to see Austin, Bree, Ben and Sarah dancing, so I decide to join in. Our first glass of wine is empty pretty quickly, and the boys go to get us some refills. "Are you guys having a good time?" Bree asks us, and I can tell from the look in here eyes that she's tipsy already. So am I. 

"Absolutely" Sarah chirps, and I agree with her.

Bree embraces us in a little hug. "I'm so glad you guys are here. This week is so amazing!" she says and I chuckle at her enthusiasm. 

"We're happy too" I let her know. As the night continues we drink wine after wine and have an amazing time. Even Jace dances with me every now and then. I look over towards him and the boys. They're at the bar ordering another round for everyone. Even though I'm a little worried that Jace is drinking, I can clearly see that he's having a great time. I'm happy if he's happy. He catches my eye, and smiles at me goofily. I smile back, seeing the alcohol intake in his eyes. I ignore it and try not to worry about it. I'm happy that I didn't think about panicking once tonight, but slowly start to feel the need for some fresh air anyway. "Do you girls want to get some fresh air for a few minutes?" I ask Sarah and Bree. 

They quickly agree with me, and we leave the boys behind. As we leave the club, the silence hits all of us. The music in there was so loud, that we all feel the slight pressure on our ears. "Wow, my ears" I screech, slightly uncomfortable.

"I know, mine too" Sarah agrees with me. 

"I think I'm pretty drunk" Bree says, breaking out into laughter. She leans onto the brick wall for support. 

"Same" I say, only really noticing it now.  My orientation is terrible and my vision is blurry.

"Woo! What a great night!" Sarah yells, and Bree and I laugh even harder. I cross my arms over my body and try to protect myself from the fresh air. Bree randomly hops onto the wall in front of the club.