Steve Rogers-Welcome Home(Part 3)

It had been eight months Steve found out Y/n was pregnant. He used to keep calling her every month after her sonography. Steve and Y/N had decided to keep the baby's gender a secret. 

But then Thanos came and snapped his fingers.. 

"Where'd he go?...Thor... where'd he go?" Steve asked Thor. He had a blank expression on his face

Steve's POV

"Steve?" I heard Bucky calling me. I turned and saw him turning to dust and he fell to the ground. I walked to where he fell and touched the ground, looking at Thor.

Almost everyone around us was dusting into thin air. I ran towards vision and saw him lying in the ground. Bending down I turned him on his back. I collapsed when I saw him dead.

"What is this? What the hell is happening?" Rhody asked.

Everyone was silent. "Oh God." I said.

Bucky, Sam, T'Challa, Wanda, Groot were all gone. The remaining of us went back to the lab. Same was happening all over the world. My mind drifted to Y/N. what if she got dusted as well> What about the baby?  I started to panic. 

"Hey, Steve everything alright?" Nat asked me.

I looked up at her, "Y/N... the baby...what if she...?" I trailed off.

"Hey, she'll be fine. Why don't you call her?" She said.

"Yeah. I will." In all of this hurry I forgot where I had kept my phone.

"Can I get a phone please? It's urgent!" I asked Okoye. She ordered someone to get a phone. I got one just a few minutes late and I dialed Y/N's number.

---------------------------------------

You saw Dodger's ears perk up and he ran to the door barking. You knew someone must be at the door step. You opened the door to see your mom standing outside. "Hey, mom. Come in." You said and stepped aside to let her in.

"Hey, dodge. How are you my boy?" She petted Dodger and hugged you. "How are my babies doing?" She said pointing at you and your eight month baby bump.

"Both are perfectly fine!" You chuckled. "So what are we going to do today?" You both walked to the living room and sat on the couch. Since you were on pregnancy leave and alone at home, with Dodger, of course. Your mom or Y/F/N used to come and keep you company. It was nice to have someone to talk to other than dodger. You just used to pass time by watching a movie or making lunch or dinner. 

"Well, I got some of your favourite  movies, so let's watch them. Here just put one in." She said handing you the movies. She walked over to the fireplace console and saw some photos of you and Steve. "Do you miss him?" She asked.

"What?" You said in confused. You saw her pointing at the photos. You nodded, " I miss him a lot, mom. More than you can imagine."

"Then why isn't he here to take care of you? This is the time when he should be there with every step." She said.

"Mom, you know what situation is in, please try to understand. He said he would be there when the baby is born and we've talked about this, don't worry." Yousaid. "Okay, let's watch the movie now." You both sat on the couch, Dodger came and hopped on the couch and placed his head on your lap. Your fingers instantly started to scratch his head as the movie started. 

After the movie ended the two of you ate your lunch which your mom brought with her. "Y/N..." You heard my mom saying. You turned to look at her and saw that her feet were slowly turning to dust. "What's happening?" And with that she totally disappeared.