Taking the hit - Lloyd Hansen

"Good morning." You sighed as you turned around to see your husband lying next to you, his eyes open and staring at you with love. "When did you wake up?"

"Just a few minutes ago." Lloyd said, his hand going over your stomach and pulling you closer to him. "I have to go soon."

"Mmhmm." You hummed. "What are you doing today?"

"Well, find out that Six guy and hopefully get the damn drive." Lloyd said.

"You will get it." You said.

"Thanks." He gave you a smile and pecked your lips. "Just in case something happens-"

"I will leave if you tell me." You completed the sentence for him.

"Yes." He said.

"Lloyd?" You asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Yeah?"

"You'll be okay, right?" You said.

"Of course, pumpkin." Lloyd said. "I promised you, didn't I?"

"Yes." You whispered.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Lloyd gripped your chin, making you look at him.

"I had a nightmare last night." You said. "Y-You died in it." You whisper the last words and bury your face in Lloyd's firm chest.

"Hey, it was just a nightmare, baby. I won't ever leave you." Lloyd said, holding you close.

"Please be careful. I can't lose you, Lloyd." You said.

"Yes, pumpkin." He said, kissing the top of your head. "I will always come back to you."

"Promise?" You looked up at him.

"I promise." Lloyd said, sealing his promise with a kiss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After spending some time with you in bed, Lloyd showered and got ready for work. "Hey, what should I wear?"

He came in the living room, only in his dress pants while holding a blue polo shirt and red turtleneck. "The blue one. You wore the turtleneck yesterday." You said.

"Okay." Lloyd said and put back the red shirt back in the closet. "Blue one it is."

"Will you come for lunch?" You asked.

"Maybe." Lloyd sighed. "Depends on how much this guy manages to piss me off again."

"How about I make your favorite then? Will that calm you down?" You said, wrapping your arms around his neck.

"Yeah." Lloyd said and pecked your lips. "I have to go now."

"Yes." You pouted your lips.

"I'll come for lunch, okay?" Lloyd chuckled when a smile broke on your face. "I'll see you later, pumpkin. Love you."

"Love you too." You said and kissed him hard before letting him go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lloyd had missed lunch. He was too pissed of due to the mess created in Prague by Six. He stayed in the control room all afternoon.

After the Lone wolf had intercepted Six in the hospital and grabbed the drive. That was the moment Lloyd went up to your studio. "Hey." He gave you a smile as he entered your studio which he had made for you.

"You look happy." You said.

"I am. I got the drive." He sighed. "Just got to find that asshole and kill him."