Love at first bump - Andy Barber

Andy's POV

It had been a year since Jacob and Laurie's accident. Jacob had told me what had happened. I couldn't believe it. We started fighting a lot.

One day when I came home I found Laurie having sex with another guy. In our bed. So I decided to end it. 

After the divorce I got most of Jacob's custody. We both moved to another house for a fresh start. I had fallen in a routine. Waking up, dropping Jacob to school, getting some coffee before going to work, coming back home, making dinner and going to sleep. 

That's how she came in my life. 

It was a normal Saturday. Me and Jacob had decided to go to go fishing. "Dad, come on." Jacob yelled from downstairs. 

"Coming, buddy." I answered. I took my jacket and went downstairs. "Okay. Let's go. Have you kept everything in the car?" I asked Jacob. 

"Yes Dad." He said. 

"Okay." I gave him a smile and we made our way to the car. "You look excited." I said as Jacob put on his seatbelt. 

"Yeah. It's been a while since we went there." Jacob said, removing his phone. 

I started the car and drove to the lake. I stopped at my regular coffee shop for some coffee. "I'm getting a coffee. You want anything?" 

"No, thanks." He said. 

I nodded and got out of the car. I ordered my coffee and a pastry for Jacob even though he said no. "Mr. Barber." I heard my name. I went  to the counter I paid the money and left the cafe. My phone started to ring as I was walking towards my car. It was one of my collegues. Groaning loudly I answered the call. "Brad, I have told you a thousand times to not call me when I'm on leave. It's Saturday for god's sake." I said and started walking again. Brad, started talking again. Not paying attention in front of me, I bumped into someone. "Shit." I said. Looking down I saw a girl who must have fallen due to the impact. "Uh, Brad I'll call you later. Bye." I ended the call. 

"Are you okay, ma'am?" I asked the lady and gave her my hand to stand up. 

Taking my hand she stood up and looked at me. Our eyes met and just kept staring at her. Beautiful Y/E/C eyes, Y/H/C hairs. Fuck she was beautiful. I thought. But I was snapped out of my thoughts when she yelled at me. "You spilled my coffee, idiot." She said. 

"I-I am sorry, ma'am. I w-wasn't looking." I said. But why did I stutter? 

"You stained my shirt." She pointed at her shirt. "Just watch where you're going next time." She said and walked away. 

 I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She was so beautiful. I could get lost in those eyes. Her voice was angelic even though she was yelling at me. It kept ringing in my ear. I shook my head, getting those thoughts out of my head. I went to my car. "Sorry, I got late." I said putting on my seatbelt. "Here, I got you something." I gave the bag to Jacob. 

Opening the bag, Jacob's smile grew as he saw the pastry. "Thanks dad." He said and started eating. "What took you so long?" He asked. 

"Nothing." I said. A lot had happened. 

"I saw what happened, Dad. Stop lying." He said. "The way you were staring at that girl was something." He said. 

"No. I wasn't." I said defending myself. 

"Yes, you were." 

"No." 

"Oh. come on. I know he way you looked at her. It was like you wanted her then and there." Jacob laughed. 

"Oh, yeah. Just like you look at Sarah?" I teased. 

"Dad, don't turn this on me. That girl was beautiful. You should have taken her number or something." Jacob said. 

"Did you say the way she yelled at me? She was clearly frustrated." I said. "Anyway. Why don't we go to lake, enjoy our day and forget about what happened?" 

"Yeah, yeah." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 2?