Best friends - Steve Rogers

"This is amazing." You said as you roamed around in the Smithsonian with Steve where his exhibit was. You were surprised that your sweet, shy, kind and amazing boyfriend was a literal superhero who had saved millions of lives. 

"I wanted to show you this." Steve said and stopped in front of Bucky's exhibit. "He's my best friend Bucky. The one I told you about." He said. You nodded and read the information that was there when Steve spoke up again. "Come on." He said and took you to another exhibit where a video was being played of Steve and Bucky. Both talking and laughing about something, while they were photographed.

"Best friends since childhood Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers were inseparable on both schoolyard and battlefield. Barnes is the only howling commando to give his life in service of his country." You heard over the speakers. You looked over at Steve who had a sad look on his face while watching videos of his lost friend. Your hand found his large ones and gave it a squeeze. Hi looked down and his ocean blue eyes found yours, giving you smile and squeezed back. 

"Shall we go home?" Steve asked. 

"Yeah. Sure." You nodded. You could fell he wanted to go home and relax. "Are you tired?" 

"Yeah. Lot of work today." Steve said.

"Okay, let's go."

----------------------------------------------------------------

 "Doll, I'm back." Steve yelled as he came in your shared apartment. You quickly hid the sketch book you were drawing under the bed. 

"Bedroom." You yelled back. Taking a book in your hand and flipped it to the page you were reading and waited for Steve to come. 

"Hey, sweetheart." Steve smiled at you. He sat on your side of the bed and laid down with his head in your lap. "How was your day?"

"Good." You said. "And yours?" You put your book on the nightstand. 

"Pretty good. Had to finish the paperwork for the last mission." Steve said, letting out a frustrated sigh and closed his eyes. 

"Steve?" You spoke up. He hummed in response. "Why don't you take a few days off? You look very tired." You said, stroking his hair with your hand. Lightly massaging his scalp. 

"I can't." He said, his eyes still closed. "Have a lot of work to do." 

"You come home very tired, baby. You need rest." You said. 

"I'll see." Steve said. 

"Anyway. What do you want for your birthday?" You asked him. 

Steve opened his eyes and looked at you with love and adoration, "Nothing. Just you." He took your hand, kissing your palm and rested it against his cheek. 

"But I already have a surprise for you." You pouted. 

"Oh, sweetheart." Steve sat up and cupped your cheek, "That's nice of you. But you are all I need." 

"God, you're so sweet." You giggled and squished his cheeks in your hands. "You will take my gift." 

"Yes, ma'am." Steve said and pecked your lips. "I'll go get fresh." He stood up and went to the bathroom to get fresh. You heard the shower going on and removed your sketchbook again, knowing Steve wouldn't come out for at least ten more minutes. You wanted to finish the sketch in the next two days as it was Steve's birthday. You wanted to gift him something he could relate to. So, you thought a sketching something would be a good idea. 

"Hey, Y/N." Steve called out from the shower. 

"What?" You asked. 

"Can you give me a towel? I forgot to take one." Steve said.