A friend (Part 1) - Colin Shea

"Hey." Colin hugged you tight as you went to meet him at the cafe. "How are you?" He pulled away and kissed your cheek.

"I'm good." You said, "What did you want to talk about?"

"Take a seat first." Colin said and pulled out a chair for you.

"Thanks." You said and sat down, now acknowledging the blonde woman sitting in front of you. "Oh, hi. I'm Y/N."

"Hi." She said, "I'm Ally." She introduced herself.

"I want you to meet my girlfriend, Ally." Colin said as he sat down. Your heart broke when you heard those words coming from Colin. He was your best friend since childhood and you had fallen for him. But the way he was around women made you stop approaching him when you were both 17. You thought maybe some day he'd stop, but that never happened. You kept you feelings locked away in the deep corner of your heart. "I wanted to introduce you guys." He said a big smile on his face. He looked really happy.

"Girlfriend? You?" You laughed a little even though your heart had shattered.

"Yeah. Hard to believe right?" Colin shrugged, "Anyway. Ally, this is my childhood best friend, Y/N. She still is my best friend."

"Oh, nice to meet you." Ally said, "Colin never mentioned you before though."

"Forgot me, Shea?" You teased.

"Sorry." Colin gave a small smile, "You want your usual?"

"Sure." You shrugged.

"Babe?" He asked Ally.

"Just a black coffee." She said.

"Sure. You guys talk. I'll be right back." Colin said and went to order your drinks.

"What did he mean? Your usual?" Ally asked.

"Um, we come here often. It's like our place. We always meet here." You said, "That's why he knows my order. I order the same thing every time we're here."

"Okay." She nodded, "I didn't know Colin had any friend who was a girl. He only hangs out with his band."

"Yeah. It's hard to believe he still wants to be friends with me." You said, "He's a very good guy."

"That he is." She said.

Colin came back and sat down in his chair after he brought your orders with him, "There you go, Y/N." He said as he handed you and Ally your specific orders and sat down with his own. "How's work going on?" He asked.

"Oh, it's good." You said. "What about you? How's the band?"

"Very good. We have a gig next Friday night. You should come." Colin said.

"I'll try." You said. "What do you do, Ally?"

"Oh, I make sculptures." Ally said, "It was my hobby so I left my job and started doing it."

"That's nice. Always do what you love." You said.

"Yeah. Colin encouraged me to do it actually." She said.

"That's nice of you." You said to Colin as he gave you a smile. "Anyways tell me how you guys met."

"Uh.. well. It's a little weird." Colin chuckled. "We stay next to each other. And one day when I was hiding at her place from one of my one night stands.... I told her how well I can dig info. So she asked me if I could find her exes for her. But then eventually we got together." He said and smiled at Ally.

"It's a little weird but it's nice." You said. "Oh and before I forget." You removed your diary and handed it to Colin. "Here."

"Oh thanks, Y/N." Colin smiled at the object. "I really needed this."