T W O

09:00

My alarm stirred me awake and I groaned, shutting it off and rolling back over. I'd had the worst night's sleep on the airbed; I honestly considered taking the room at this shared place for the simple fact that I'd have a real bed.

"C'mon lazy ass, get up. I have a meeting in 20 so I can't have you snoring in the background." Jordan announced, kicking the corner of the mattress playfully, making me rock in the bed.

"It was your idea to put the airbed in your office," I mumbled, face smushed against the pillow still.

I felt the duvet being whipped off of my body, "Hey! I could have been naked!"

Jordan pulled a face and shivered, "No thanks baby sis, now get up, pretty please."

"Fine," I huffed, getting up and stomping out of the room, flopping onto the sofa. "You owe me."

I scrolled through my notifications and social media before spotting a text from Callum with the address of the apartment. Copying it into Google maps, I noticed it was only a 15 minute drive from here, which was pretty decent. I was a little bit nervous to meet these guys, but if my brother knows them and didn't seem hesitant then I guess there's no reason for me to be, either.

Deciding to make a quick breakfast before I got showered and ready for the viewing, I heard Jordan greeting whoever was on the other end of his call. That man is so loud.

My phone rang and I glanced over, it was my best friend Olivia. She was one of the five flatmates I had in my first year of university, we were the only ones that stayed in touch and continued to live together until graduation. Propping my phone up against the sugar jar, I slid the bar across and waited for the FaceTime to connect.

"Elle! I miss you. How's apartment hunting?"

I smiled wide, I missed her too. Olivia had decided to stay in Manchester after graduation; I had considered doing the same, but part of me missed being close to my brother and as much as I loved the North, it was a little too far from home. Besides, London is pretty close in nature; city living, great nightlife and culture.

"I miss you too, Liv." I said, taking a bite out of my toast, "It was going really bad until yesterday. Jordan's friend knows someone who needs a roommate so I'm checking that out today."

She must be on her break at work because I was just now noticing her nursing scrubs. How she does it, I have no idea.

"I thought you were done with the whole roommate thing?" She asked, pushing her glasses up and sipping her tea.

"I know, I was, but I kind of realised that I didn't have much of a choice. Honestly, the price of a car parking space is like a flat in Manchester. It's crazy."

Olivia laughed and nodded, "That sounds about right. So who are these people you're gonna be living with?"

I explained the situation once more and she nodded, following along. "Well, I hope it all goes the way you want it to, keep me updated. I better go - I'm only supposed to take 15 minutes!"

We said goodbye and I tidied up the kitchen before taking a shower. I decided to go smart casual, it wasn't a formal viewing, obviously, but I didn't want Callum thinking that I'm a slob. So, I pulled out my cream straight leg jeans and paired them with a black sleeveless Zara bodysuit and black boots.

Ordering the Uber around 1:30, I texted Callum to let him know I'd be there shortly. My palms were sweating but I shook my thoughts, it was going to be fine. Thanking the driver and stepping out onto the pavement, I looked up at the tall apartment building and then my surroundings, I was pleasantly surprised.

Pulling my phone out to text Callum, I heard my name being called, sounding more like a question than a statement. I turned around to see a tall blond-haired man in combat trousers and a hoodie waiting at the doorway, "Uh, yeah. Callum?"

He nodded, "You can call me Cal, thought it might just be easier to meet you down here."

I thanked him as he held the door open for me and we headed towards the lifts. We made small talk and he seemed friendly enough, good start. The lift chimed at the twelfth floor and we stepped out, "It's this way," He pointed and I followed.

He unlocked the door to the apartment and stepped inside. I looked around, it was a decent size, but noticeably lived in by men, if that made sense. "So it's a three-bed, two bathrooms. Your room would be this one," He pointed.

As we walked over, another door opened. I glanced over to see another guy enter the room, he was shorter than Cal, but had a stronger build, his dirty blond hair ruffled. He was attractive.

"Seriously Bog, have you just woke up?" Cal asked, making me smile.

"What? Uh, yeah, mate. Late night. Who's this?" He asked, now making brief eye contact with me and doing an awkward smile.

"I'm Elle," I said, "I'm looking at the spare room you have."

He nodded, "Fair fair,"

"And your name?" I asked as he stood glancing between the two of us, "Harry. He's a bit awkward." Cal laughed.

"Oh piss off mate," He exclaimed, walking past us and into the kitchen area we had just entered through, "Nice to meet you."

"You too," I chuckled, his awkwardness was cute.

As we entered the bedroom, I took in the space, it was decent. Light walls with a double bed in the centre, a built-in wardrobe opposite and a desk area to the left. "It's nice," I noted.

I could definitely see myself making this space my own, I glanced out of the window, twelve floors was pretty high.

Cal completed the tour and we sat on the sofa in the living room, Harry was already sat when we got there, drinking tea and scrolling on his phone. Every now and again we'd make eye contact but he didn't say much. "So," Cal said, "You'd be looking at about six hundred a month give or take,"

Six hundred pounds, how could I say no to that? Sure, it's still on the pricey side for one person, but for London, I really couldn't complain.

I nodded, "Okay, I'm in."

They both looked at me this time and I smiled, "That's if you're happy for me too, of course."

Harry nodded, "We need someone in the room and you don't look like a serial killer."

"Gee, thanks." I laughed. Cal shoved him and he just threw his hands up in defence, "She doesn't!"

"So, we'd be sharing a bathroom. Boggo over here nabbed the ensuite, but I promise you I'm not a slob." Cal explained, I nodded, "As long as there isn't pee on the toilet seat, I really don't care."

Harry chuckled and I smiled; he looked familiar, but he seemed shy so I couldn't pinpoint where I may have seen him before. Whatever the case, I'd like to get to know him better.