T W E N T Y

I decided to wake up early and take Bo for a long walk. This was something that I did miss a lot while living in London, the greenery and open spaces. Sure, there were parks, but nothing beats a real hiking trail. I pulled on my coat over my hoodie and leggings, grabbing Bo's lead and heading out of the door, furry friend in tow. We lived not far from a woodland, so I could let Bo walk off of the lead, I also liked that part, letting him blow off some steam.

Passing a few morning walkers as we went, I smiled at them to which they returned the expression, Bo going over to investigate each one as they did so. We reached the clearing in the trees after a few minutes and I pulled out the two tennis balls from my pockets, whistling for his attention.

Bo and I were out for around an hour, the time on my phone reading 8:45. I texted Jordan to pop the kettle on as we were heading back, to which he sent me a long list of things to get from the shop instead. I thumbed back a reply explaining that I would bring the dog home first, to which he said You're already out, just go

Rolling my eyes, I leashed Bo and we turned around, heading in the other direction. It was the day after Boxing Day, so things were still quite quiet, but I liked that, it was a complete contrast to London. Heading to the closest corner shop, I avoided heading to the main supermarket since I still had the dog with me. Wrapping his lead around the bike rack, I told him to sit as I headed inside, I could see him through the window but I made sure to be quick.

Greeting the old man behind the till, he bid me good morning as I reached for a basket and headed around the shop, grabbing the basics like milk, bread, eggs and toilet roll.

Jordan texted again asking me to stop by Grams' to give her the morning paper, I groaned and stopped in my tracks, dialling his number.

"Why can't you do all this? You literally have a car here."

"Elle, don't be lazy. You're already out and near the shop. It takes five minutes,"

"You're being ridiculous," I huffed, turning back around once again.

It was too early to be running errands and I was slowly regretting my walk, what was supposed to be therapeutic has just become irritating.

Reaching for my keys and unlocking the door to Grams' house, I walked in, Bo sprinting ahead, "Hello!"

Grams' head popped out from around the corner, "Ooh, you're here. Good, I've just popped the kettle on,"

"I can't stay for too long, I've got shopping and the dog to get back," I said, pulling my coat off and hanging it on the hook.

"You know, one day I'm not going to be here,"

"Grams! Don't talk like that," I scolded, pulling two mugs out from the cupboard beside me.

We chatted in the living room for a while, Bo running around freely in the garden. The longer I sat, the more I realised that I missed being around to visit Grams regularly, but that's part of life and growing up, I guess. My phone chimed and Jordan's name popped up on my screen.

Can't make tea with no milk

"I'm seriously going to strangle that boy," I snapped, locking my phone, "Honestly, runs me ragged all morning then demands me home,"

Grams chuckled, "He wouldn't be an older brother if he didn't bug you,"

Giving Grams a tight squeeze, I popped Bo's lead on and we headed back home. We only lived around ten minutes apart, which was always convenient as a kid, and now.