F O U R T E E N

I had hardly slept throughout the night, constantly tossing and turning in a bed that wasn't my own, or Harry's. Being away from home had never been a worry of mine and yet this feeling of unfamiliarity tonight was unsettling, perhaps I hadn't quite realised how much I needed the company of the boy who was at the forefront of my mind and not beside me.

My phone read 8:30 and since there was no imminent feeling of drowsiness overcoming me, I decided to get up and see if Talia was an early riser. Pulling back the duvet of her spare bed, I tidied the room and drew back the curtains, sunshine hitting my tired face. Her apartment was nice and the decor embodied Talia to a tee, but the location was slightly out from where I would consider ideal.

Making my way to the kitchen, I shoved my glasses on and searched for signs of life. Seeing nobody, I envied the fact that Talia was probably still sound asleep and flicked the kettle on. It felt strange hearing nothing but the boiling of the kettle, I was so accustomed to living with the boys now that I had accepted that there would never be peace, but I actually missed it.

Harry hadn't texted or called since I'd been away and part of me was upset by this, but the other part of me understood. Throughout my restlessness, I replayed the events of yesterday and I realised that I probably came across too strong. I should know by now that Harry isn't like most when it came to the more serious aspects of life; conflict, feelings, women. My approach could have been more understanding, but I was just acting on impulse. A defence mechanism, if you will.

The kettle snapped me out of my thoughts and I poured the boiling water into the mug waiting on the countertop. Stirring the teabag, I heard a door opening behind me, "Morning,"

I turned and smiled at Talia, who still looked half-asleep, "Hey, sleep well?"

She nodded and grabbed a mug from the cupboard to join me, "Yeah, not bad. I think Freya is coming in like thirty minutes."

It would be nice to see Freya, we had talked a lot over text but she was often busy with streaming and doing something or other with Josh when his schedule allowed. I admired their relationship, they worked like clockwork and yet it didn't seem mundane, they were still as much in love as they had been over a decade ago when they first got together; I wanted that.

We sat on the sofa and sipped our tea, mainly scrolling through our phones but having a quick chat every so often, nothing of substance. A knock at the door tore us away from our screens, Talia indicating that that would be Freya. We decided to have breakfast together and I was grateful that she was arriving now, my stomach was growling at this point.

Freya walked through the apartment, giving me a smile and coming over for a hug, "Ooh, it's been ages," She said, holding me tight, I gratefully accepted.

Talia decided to make pancakes and Freya put the coffee machine on, I sat at the breakfast bar and offered to help but they declined each time. I loved that they considered me a friend, not just someone that lives with Cal and Harry. Sometimes I do still feel like a bit of an outsider, considering that I only know everyone by association, but they've made it clear to me that that's not the case, that I'm now one of the group.

We sat around and I thanked Talia, taking a pancake from the stack she had made, it smelled incredible. Freya sipped her coffee before setting it down and asking to be filled in on what happened yesterday.

"I don't think you're in the wrong," Freya shook her head, "She had no reason to be there, Harry should have made her leave."

I shrugged, "I know, but I'm not his girlfriend so I guess he can do what he wants."