S I X

"I can't believe you've never had sushi," Harry said, holding open the door of the restaurant for me.

Thanking him, I stepped inside, "I'm sorry that I've been a broke student for the last 3 years," I joked.

We were guided to a rounded booth near the back of the restaurant and I thanked the server as she laid out menus in front of us, Harry and I were sat close together, but far enough apart that we weren't touching.

"So, this is gibberish to me," I laughed, "What do you recommend?"

Harry chuckled and glanced down at the menu, "Do you like salmon?"

I nodded, "Well, that's a good start. I'd say maybe the Nigiri or Maki, they're pretty similar. Or if you like just fish on its own then Sashimi is the one."

The restaurant was pretty, it was dimly lit but had a lot of oriental decorations, candles burning on the tables. I was surprised when he asked me to join him for food, but I guess we were friends now, and this is what friends do.

When the server arrived, I let Harry take the lead and just told him to order whatever he thought I'd like. She returned with water for the table and we thanked her. A comfortable silence fell over us before Harry broke it.

"So what brought you to London?"

I sipped my water, "Well, I'd just graduated and I wanted to try living somewhere new. Plus, my brother lives here and we're quite close so that's a bonus."

He nodded, "Where did you go to uni?"

"Manchester, I loved it, but here is closer to home."

"My sister goes to uni in Manchester, she loves it too." He added.

It was nice to see Harry more relaxed, this is how he seemed around his friends too. Perhaps it's when it surrounds dating or flirting that he becomes more awkward.

The food arrived and it looked really good, my stomach audibly grumbled and my eyes widened, causing Harry to chuckle. He put the trays between us, since we decided to share, and used chopsticks to pop pieces on our small plates. I dipped my salmon nigiri into the little pot of soy sauce and bit into it, Harry watched me for a response.

"It's good, I like it."

We made small talk, I asked a lot about his YouTube as I was fascinated by the fact that you could now do it as a full-time job. Harry had told me that he started it when he was a teenager just for fun and by some sheer luck he grew quite popular, it was the reason he'd moved from Guernsey.

"I've never been to Guernsey, is it nice?"

"It's nice to go back to after being here for a while. Just a complete change of pace, plus it's coastal, obviously, so that's a bonus."

"Do you have plans to go back any time soon?"

He shook his head, "We have such a busy schedule, I only really go back for occasions, you know, like Christmas and stuff. It's a shame but I guess it means I get to make the most of it when I'm there."

Harry's phone vibrated, he glanced down at it before ignoring it, "Sorry."

"You can get it if you need to,"

"No, it's fine. We're out, I can call them back later."

I smiled, that was sweet. The conversation flowed quite naturally and we came to find that we had a lot in common, travel interests, music taste and that we both liked football.

"You don't strike me as a football girl," He said, pushing the plate away from him.

"I prefer to play it than watch it, but with a brother like Jordan, it was hard to avoid growing up."