T W E N T Y - T W O

"Home sweet home," Harry announced, unlocking the door to our new apartment.

The last of the winter months came and went in a flash and before I knew it, our lease was about to end. It was a bittersweet moment separating from Cal, despite him being a major pain in my ass most of the time. Though, his company was always nice, particularly when Harry locked himself away for hours on a stream, we'd compete to find the weirdest documentary on the TV.

"It's perfect," I smiled, linking an arm with his and resting my head against his shoulder briefly.

A few of the guys, and Jordan, were helping us to transport all of our things since neither of us had a car here in London. We weren't far from our previous apartment which made things easier but I was also grateful that I was already familiar with my surroundings.

Tobi came bursting through the front door, a large box in his arms, "Are you guys moving rocks or something?"

I laughed, "We were just coming down to help! There are trolleys downstairs in the foyer,"

The look on Tobi's face was priceless, "You mean I've just broken a sweat for nothing?"

"Looks like it bro," Harry chuckled, patting him on the back and heading back out the door to meet everyone at their cars with the rest of our stuff.

It took a few hours to get everything in, with there being only one lift and five of us, but once the boxes were scattered around the appropriate rooms, we thanked everyone and promised them dinner on us once we were settled.

As the door closed behind Josh, my heart pounded, this was really it; just the two of us. Harry turned to me and smiled, I returned it, "Are you happy?"

I nodded, "Couldn't be happier,"

Wrapping my arms around him, I squealed as I felt myself being lifted and spun around. "I love you."

"Love you more," I smiled, pressing my lips to his.

We decided to make a start on unpacking tomorrow, just getting out the necessities for now since it had been a really long day. My phone pinged to an Instagram notification, I'd been tagged in another photo by a Sidemen fan account.

"Another edit?" He joked, I nodded, tapping through.

Since New Year's, my phone has blown up. It was expected, I suppose. Harry and I had never made any public indication that we were seeing each other, so I think it must have come as a shock to most of his viewers when I posted those pictures.

Of course, there's bad with the good, so I was subject to some mean comments at times, but I tried my best to ignore them. At the end of the day, I was happy; we made each other happy and that's all that mattered to me.

The apartment was partially furnished which I was grateful for, flopping down on our new couch and sighing. It had been a long day. Harry joined me and lifted my legs onto his lap, setting his hands down to rest on them.

We sat there in silence for a moment, glancing around the room, I think we were just now taking in that this was ours. I couldn't believe that this was my life. I had the perfect boyfriend, amazing friends and a beautiful home. I felt so lucky.

We woke up abruptly to a loud knock on the door. Groaning loudly, Harry rolled over and shoved a pillow over his head. "Ignore it,"

The door knocked again and I sighed, pulling the duvet away from me and getting up to answer the door. I rubbed my eyes as I unlocked the door, still half asleep. My brows furrowed in confusion as I was faced with Cal who smiled and walked into the apartment, "Finally."

I turned around to watch as he walked into the apartment, "Uh... you remember that we don't live together anymore, right?"

He chuckled, "I know. My hot waters not on yet and I was hoping you'd let me use yours since I'm the best ex-roommate ever?"

Rolling my eyes and laughing, "That is so random. Sure, bathrooms that one, I'm going back to bed." I pointed and headed back to our bedroom.

"Thanks, bestie!" He called out, making me wave a hand as I opened the door to the bedroom.

"Is that Cal?" Harry mumbled, face smushed against the pillow, eyes still shut.

"Yeah," I laughed, getting back under the covers, "Needs to use our hot water."

He grumbled and wrapped an arm around me pulling me closer, "He's such an idiot, it's literally eight in the morning,"

I welcomed his embrace and rested my head on his bare chest, his warmth radiating to me. I think this might be one of my favourite things to do, ever. However, the peace and quiet were short lived when we heard Cal calling out to us again around fifteen minutes later. Huffing, Harry started to sit up, making me do so, too.

He threw on a hoodie and I followed him out to the kitchen where Cal was standing by the sink.

"Are you ever quiet, bro?" Harry grumbled, turning the kettle on. I chuckled as I sat down on one of the bar stools, watching as Cal's jaw dropped.

"Oh come on, that's just mean. Am I loud, Elle?"

"Ignore him, he's just grumpy because he was woken up before eleven a.m.," I smirked.

Cal stayed for about an hour before the maintenance guy called him to say that he would be attending his apartment soon. Harry and I got dressed and decided to start unpacking, otherwise, everything would just stay in their boxes. Tackling a room each, I was tasked with the bedroom and Harry took the office, since he was better at all the technical stuff - do I look like I know how to set up a monitor?

I glanced at my phone and my eyes widened at the time, the day was practically over. However, we'd successfully unboxed everything for the apartment so that was a big achievement. Harry joined me in the bedroom, lying down on the bed, "Jesus, that took forever."

"You're telling me," I laughed, rolling onto my side.

I ran my fingers lazily up and down Harry's arm, his eyes softly closing at the connection. I was so grateful for him. For us.

Thank you so much for your patience, I'm sorry that this chapter feels a little bit like a filler but I wanted to get something out to you all since it has been so long! Best wishes, moonlitmarn xoxo