T W E L V E

"What are you doing next weekend?"

I glanced up from my phone at Harry, who was sat up against the headboard, looking down at me. He had not long finished a stream and we were just catching up on our week as we hadn't really seen much of each other. It was strange being apart from him, considering we had been in each others' company practically twenty-four-seven over the last month or so.

Jordan and I had visited home for our parents' anniversary which was nice, I got to catch up with family and see my baby (a.k.a my dog) and from there I had to travel to Manchester for a PR event that I was asked to cover. It was very "boujee" which meant that I felt out of place as I was surrounded by influencers and reality stars. It was still a good night nonetheless, and I was there for work, first and foremost. It wasn't often that my boss required me back at the head office, which is why London was feasible for me, so I was prepared to make the odd trip when it was necessary.

"Uh, I don't think I have anything on, why?"

"Good, keep it free." He said, unlocking his phone and beginning to type.

I rolled onto my stomach to look up at him properly, "Hmmm, what are you up to?"

He grinned, shaking his head, "Don't you worry yourself,"

I squinted in suspicion, what on Earth could he be up to? Deciding to just let things be, I sighed and closed my eyes for a brief moment.

Harry and I had been great, to be perfectly honest. We were growing closer by the day and I loved his company. Most of the time we just hung out, whether it be at the flat, watching a Sidemen shoot, or at a park somewhere, but he had taken me for nice dinners on a few occasions. Of course, we'd bicker over who got the bill and, to no ones surprise, I always lost. I felt very spoiled by him. 

There were no labels defining our relationship, for fear that it could create unnecessary pressure at this moment in time, but I had no concerns when it came to him. I wasn't seeing, or interested, in anyone else and I'm almost ninety-eight per cent certain that it is the same for him.

I've never had a serious relationship, with being at university and moving around a lot, so these were all new experiences to me. I didn't want to rush things and cause hiccups, I wanted everything to occur naturally.

"I'm thinking of making fajitas for dinner, want some?" I broke the comfortable silence, my stomach rumbling had reminded me that it was time to get some food soon.

"Sounds good, babe."

Babe. I will never get tired of hearing that.

Swinging my legs off of the bed, I slipped into my sliders and headed for the kitchen, letting Harry know that I'd call him once it was ready. Grabbing the chicken, peppers, onions and mushrooms from the fridge, I set the meat and vegetables out on separate chopping boards before rummaging through the cupboards for seasonings.

Cal waltzed in, takeaway bag in hand. I rested a hand on my hip, "What happened to clean eating?"

"Do you know how boring chicken and rice is? Every single day?" He sighed, untying the plastic knot of the carrier bag and reaching for a plate.

"You don't have to have it every single day, there's plenty of things you can make. Almost anything is better than a takeaway."

"Alright alright lass, the diet starts tomorrow."

I chuckled and started slicing the peppers, my stomach making noises again subconsciously telling me to hurry up.

Cal and I had also been getting on quite well. I think we got off on the wrong foot slightly, due to the whole Harry situation. Now that we're at a desired point in our relationship, he's laid off of the comments and we can actually go forward now as friends.

"Elle, that does smell really good to be fair," Cal commented, mouth half full of burger.

"It also isn't that unhealthy, you can make this you know," I said, pointing the knife at him jokingly.

Harry soon joined us, grabbing a juice from the fridge, "Yeah, it does smell good. I'm starving,"

We all chatted away as I pan-fried the chicken, Cal mentioning something about being in a video for the Sidemen's extra channel. I admired how much they worked, actually. Whilst from a viewer's perspective, it may seem like all fun and games, in reality, they don't really stop. Harry films at least four times a week, that's without including things he does for his own channel and streaming. It's amazing how he and the others can maintain their high energetic presence.

"Would you grab some plates please babe?" I asked, turning off the hob and getting the wraps from the cupboard.

He nodded and passed me two for the meat and veg, before placing two on the table for us to eat from. "You're so married it makes me ill," Cal groaned.

"Shut up," I laughed, "I think you need to find a girlfriend."

"Believe me, I try." He said, "Right, I'm filming, catch yous later."

We said goodbye and sat at the table to eat, Harry commenting on how good it was. I enjoyed cooking for people and it was nice to have someone to cook for. As I started to wrap my second tortilla, there was a knock at the front door. We glanced at each other before Harry held his hand up to say that he'd get it, standing up and jogging over to the door. I didn't think that we were expecting anyone.

I glanced over as the door opened and watched as Harry visibly froze. Craning my neck slightly at his reaction, I saw a girl stood there. She was around my height, with mid-length brown hair, she was pretty.

Harry hadn't moved, I had no idea who this was. He cleared his throat, glancing quickly at me, before looking at her again, "Mia?"

She grinned, not waiting for an invitation and walking past him into the flat, "Miss me?"