E I G H T

I'd changed into grey joggers and my old faithful university hoodie, make up off and glasses on. It had been a while since Cal had informed me that Harry was filming, so I thought now may be an appropriate time to see him. I had no particular reason for going, I just liked being around him. Reaching for my sliders and walking across the hall, I knocked on Harry's bedroom door. A moment passed before I heard a quick, "Come in."

I walked in sheepishly to see Harry sat at his desk, earphones in and what looked like editing software on his monitor. This was the first time I'd seen him since this morning. He turned to see that it was me and he took an earphone out, "Oh, hey, you alright?"

Nodding, I sat on his bed, "Whatcha doing?"

He gestured to the computer, "Just choosing clips to send to my editor."

"Oooh, you have an editor, how fancy," I joked, making him smile.

There was a comfortable silence as I glanced around his room, noticing little details that I hadn't previously, like the LED strip lights around his doorway that were now lit.

"I didn't know you wore glasses,"

Turning back to Harry, I nodded, "Only when my eyes get irritated from contacts,"

"You look cute,"

I blushed and looked back at his monitor, anything other than his eyes, "Thanks."

I was glad for the lack of awkwardness between us, it seemed that we had taken a good few steps forward and it would have been a shame to go all the way back to how we were in the very beginning, although, I wasn't sure what this meant for us and how we would continue.

"I'm thinking to invite my friend down soon, would that be okay?" I asked, now laid down on Harry's bed, arms up in the air as I scrolled through my phone. He hadn't said much, noting that he had a timeframe to stick to, which was fine by me, I just liked the company.

"You don't need to ask, this is your flat, too."

Cal walked in and flopped down next to me, "I'm stuck."

I rested up on my forearms and looked at him, "Stuck with what?"

"I don't have a video idea for this week and I'm supposed to be uploading in two days."

Grabbing my phone, I searched Cal's YouTube up, looking to see what kind of videos he already had. "Your videos with Harry seem to do well," I joked to which he shoved me.

"Don't kick a man while he's down, Elle."

"Sorry, sorry. You could do... let's see, you could do another cook-off? Or like be my assistant for 24 hours." I winked.

He groaned, "Nice try. I guess I could do another cook-off. Wanna be in it?"

I shrugged, "If you want me to, but I'd win."

Harry had now joined the conversation, turning his chair towards us and resting forward on his knees. I glanced over at him and he was already looking at me, I smiled, "What? I would."

"Harold, fancy being in it? You know how you love to help a friend out in times of need."

He rolled his eyes, "Sure."

♡♡♡

None of us had eaten, so Cal suggested filming tonight. I headed back to my room to make myself slightly more presentable, since we needed to go shopping for items, and more importantly, I was going on camera for millions to see.