E I G H T E E N

Harry and Cal had both left for their hometowns over the past two days, it now being my turn to make the journey back to where I grew up. Kissing Harry goodbye at the door was the first time in a long time that I had felt real sadness, I hadn't realised how much I truly needed him around. It was never my intention for one person to be the sole reason for my happiness, and that wasn't necessarily the case here, but I just felt safe and at home with him. The apartment had been almost eerily quiet with just myself containing it.

Jordan had sent me a quick text to say that he was outside in the Uber, so I dragged my small suitcase along the wooden flooring of the kitchen and made my way out to the lifts, making sure to switch off the lights and lock the door behind me.

As I entered the lift, I thought about home. I was excited to see my family of course, but there wasn't much else back home for me. I'd gone to uni with no real friends, just a few people that I spoke to occasionally outside of my part-time job, which made my decision to move miles away so much easier.

Wrapping my coat around me tighter as I walked toward the car, the winter climate in full swing, the driver helped me load my case into the back and I thanked him, jumping in beside Jordan. I welcomed the warmth of the car heater and we said our brief hellos before heading for the train station.

"So have you told mum and dad about Harry?"

I glanced over at my brother and shrugged, "Not yet. It hasn't really come up in conversation, but I'm sure an aunt will ask,"

Jordan chuckled, nodding in agreement. It was standard practice at this point, and I'm sure in every other family on the planet, the older generation pestering you about whether you have a partner or when you're going to get one.

"You guys are good though, yeah?"

"Jordan stop worrying," I laughed, "We're more than good."

The train journey wasn't as long as I remembered it to be, my earphones plugged in most of the time as I scribbled last minute work notes on my new gift from Tobi. I snapped a quick photo and texted it across.

Maybe my favourite present ever?

My phone chimed back almost immediately.

I'm glad you like it, but I think Boggo has me beat

My brows furrowed, but I also got a pang of anxiety, I hoped that he hadn't gone too wild on a gift.

The taxi picked us up right outside of the station and we started the fifteen minute drive home. I glanced out of the window, taking in the familiar but somehow foreign surroundings. Aside from the weekend trip for our parent's anniversary, I hadn't spent a long period of time here in well over a year.

I texted Harry to let him know that I'd got back in one piece and he replied with a photo of him and his dad trying to repair a zip line that was in their garden, worried expression on his face, I might be in two soon

Smiling at the reply, I locked my phone just as we were pulling up to our family home. Thanking the driver who helped to unload our cases, we made our way up the short path to the front door. Jordan fumbled around for his keys before finding them and unlocking the door, the familiar smell of mum's baking lingering in the air.

"We're home," Jordan announced, propping our cases up against the wall of the hallway.

The scuttling of nails across the floor grabbed my attention, making me squat to my knees immediately, "Bo! Oh, I missed you boy," I cooed.

"Now, there's no way you're greeting the dog before me,"

I looked up and smiled, ruffling his ears once before standing to my feet, Bo still dancing around me, "Hey mum," I pulled her into a hug.

Lying down on my bed, I glanced around at my bedroom that I hadn't properly lived in for over three years now. Nothing had really changed, aside from my wardrobe now being taken over by mum and dad's clothes. The room didn't really hold any sentimental feelings or photos, just the odd artwork on the wall and faux plants. 

An incoming call on my phone brought me out of my daydream and I picked it up, a FaceTime from Harry.

"Hey," I smiled, rolling onto my front so that I could prop my phone up.

Harry was sat at his desk in his room back in Guernsey, a small smirk on his face.

"What are you wearing?"

I laughed and rolled my eyes playfully, "Shut up."

He chuckled and ran a hand through his hair, "So how is home?"

We chatted for a while and it was just nice to see his face again. He was wearing one of my favourite tops of his, the black graphic tee with purple writing, for some reason it just elevated how attractive he looked. Shaking my thoughts, I zoned back into the conversation, Harry telling me that his sister Rosie was also back from uni and that she was keen to meet me.

"You've told everyone about me?"

He rubbed the back of his neck, "Well, yeah. Of course."

I smiled but felt a little bad since the only family member I had told about our relationship was Jordan. It wasn't that I was embarrassed by any means, in fact, I had an overwhelming sense of pride, I just didn't really have a relationship with my parents where I could call randomly and say "Hey, by the way, got a boyfriend last week."

A knock on the door interrupted us, it was Jordan.

"We're going to see grams in like twenty minutes," He glanced over to look at my phone screen, "Alright mate?"

Harry sent him a nod and I smiled at his awkwardness, telling Jordan that I wouldn't be long. Looking back at the screen, I gave him a sympathetic smile, "I guess I have to go,"

He pouted playfully, making me laugh. "Alright babe, I'll talk to you later."

"See you,"

Sitting around the table for dinner, Grams placed all of the dishes in the centre for us to help ourselves. It was nice to be back, I spent almost every weekend here growing up. In fact, I always felt like my room at this house was warmer than the one in my family home, I had a lot of good memories here. 

"This looks great, Grams," I commented, making her kiss the top of my head gently as she passed by.

We all ate quietly, having the odd conversation every now and again. Grams' cooking was the one thing you went silent for, it was just that good.

"So tell me, Elle," Grams patted her mouth with a napkin, "Have you found a boyfriend yet up in that big city?"

My cheeks warmed at the thought of Harry, a small smile creeping up on my lips. I guess this was the moment, part of me mentally thanking her for saving me from bringing it up myself.

"Actually, yes,"

Her eyes widened and she clapped her hands together, beaming. I noticed my parents glancing at each other, slightly surprised expressions on their faces, Jordan just continued to eat.

"Oh, finally! You know I was starting to wonder... you know,"

"Grams!" I laughed.

"Oh there's nothing wrong with it, of course," She swatted, making everyone laugh, "I just wondered if we were ever going to see a boy around here. It's been a long time, you know."

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Well, you don't have to worry anymore."

Just like that, the questions began from all parties and soon enough I was getting tired of the sound of my own voice, but I would never get tired of talking about Harry.

"He sounds lovely," Grams smiled. 

A/N: Sorry this was a bit of an awkward filler chapter, but I hope you're still enjoying the story :)