F I V E

We had to be ready to leave for the shoot by 1pm, it was already coming up to midday so I decided to jump into the shower now before Cal beat me to it. Youtubers, to me, were girls doing makeup tutorials or guys doing prank videos. It had never been something I had gotten into when I was a teenager, but clearly, times have changed.

Dressing in light wash blue straight leg jeans and a white milkmaid crop top, I tied my airforces and headed out to where Cal and Harry were sat on the sofa. I ran my fingers through my second-day curls, "I'm ready whenever."

I came and sat next to Harry on the sofa, he was in a light blue Nike jumper with a white t-shirt underneath and black joggers; Cal was in a hoodie and black chinos. "What's Krox?" I asked, tilting my head at the hoodie he had on.

The boys looked at me and chuckled, "It's Cal's, he has a clothing line." Harry said, making me raise a brow. "Oh and like you don't Mr. sidemenclothing.com," Cal retorted, pointing at Harry's joggers. I glanced down to see a white logo embroidered near the pocket.

I looked between them both, "Clothing lines? I thought Youtubers just sat in front of a camera for fun."

They laughed and proceeded to explain to me the evolvement of the Youtube industry, how you could actually make a living from it if you were successful enough with the right audience, which they clearly seem to be. I suddenly had an idea for an article. I hadn't thought about the magazine much during the move, it was a work-from-home situation since they were still starting out; the small office space being located back in Manchester.

The Rise of YouTubers and the potential to dominate Mainstream Media?

We had to get an Uber to the filming space, once again, I was being squashed between the boys. Harry shuffled around before putting a hand on my thigh, quickly removing it when I looked over at him. "Sorry, not a lot of space." He mumbled.

Walking into the building, looking up at the massive Youtube Space sign on the wall, I was surprised. It was definitely not what I was expecting.

Soon, we walked into a large room with wood flooring and brick walls, large YES and NO free-standing lights in either corner and a tall cut out of what looked like the Tinder app, but instead, the word Sidemen adorned the top. What on Earth?  

"Aye boys, it's Elle," I glanced over to see Ethan grinning, walking over to me.

"So, what do you think?" He asked, I chuckled, "Well, it's definitely not what I had in my head."

Harry and Cal left to go and get mic'd up and one of the camera guys had found me a chair to go in the corner of the room, out of shot. I glanced around, it was very high production, no wonder their videos do well. I made a mental note to go back and watch a video or two later.

I noticed Vikk walking over to me, "Hey, how's it going?" He asked, I smiled, "Good thanks, just taking it all in. I had no idea you guys did any of this."

"Well, go big or go home, right?"

Vikk explained the concept to me, it was pretty genius. But, it was going to be interesting to see Harry try and flirt with girls. I had been told they were all waiting in a separate room, called in one by one.

The boys lined up behind the Tinder sign, Harry was around third in and he glanced over at me, he looked nervous. The main camera guy announced quiet and the cameras started recording.

I heard footsteps, the first girl had entered the room. She was pretty, I shuffled in my seat and watched Harry for a reaction. Why was I doing this? Snap out of it, Elle. She looked at the camera to her left, "Hi, I'm Olivia, 23 from London,"