FOUR

"What the hell was that all about?" I exclaimed, finally leaning against the bar; Talia and Freya beside me.

They gave me sympathetic looks before asking the bartender for three tequila shots. I huffed and glanced back across the room to see where the boys were, specifically Harry. He was in the corner scrolling on his phone, drink in the other hand, not paying attention to the noise around him.

"In all fairness to him, he's very shy... and he's just got out of a long-term relationship," Freya explained, knocking back her shot.

It had never occurred to me that Harry may actually be in a relationship, I mean, why wouldn't he be? I nodded and took my shot, squirming at the burning sensation down my throat.

"Still so embarrassing that he just left me standing there," I said.

"Yeah, that wasn't great. Maybe talk in the morning when you're both sober."

♡♡♡

I rolled over in bed and sighed, my head hurt like a bitch. We got in around 5 am, Harry practically carrying Cal through the door whilst I followed awkwardly behind. There had been no words exchanged between Harry and I since the, almost, kiss.

Finally getting out of bed and walking into the kitchen, Harry was stood by the hob, cooking eggs. Shirtless with bedhead, I tried to ignore him because I was supposed to be annoyed but it was impossible. He looked up, making me jump, "Want some?"

I raised my eyebrow, so are we just ignoring what happened last night? Oh God, maybe he doesn't remember. Now it's just awkward for me.

"Uh, sure. Thanks. I was just gonna bring Cal some water."

"Yeah, he's absolutely rotten. Poor lad doesn't know when to stop." He joked, grabbing some more eggs out of the carton. I smiled and grabbed a glass, filling it up and taking it to Cal's room.

I knocked on the door and waited a moment before entering, "Wake up, Cinderella." I sung, to which Cal groaned and rolled over. "Cinderella needs her beauty sleep."

"Wrong fairytale, now sit up and take these," I waved two paracetamol in his face.

Cal groaned and sat up in bed, thanking me for the water and medicine before grinning, "So..."

I looked around, "What?"

"Don't think I don't remember you and Harold last night,"

I closed my eyes and felt my cheeks get hot, so people definitely remember. I didn't really know what to say, because what was there to say? They all saw it, we nearly kissed, and then he ditched me; if anything it should be him owing an explanation.

In a way, I suppose it was good that we didn't kiss; I mean, we'd been flatmates barely a day, nothing good could ever come of that when you're sharing a living space.

I shrugged, "You saw, he left. We were both drunk, anyway."

"Oh don't give me that waffle, I've been seeing you guys around the flat. You're practically a stare away from tearing each other's clothes off."

"Cal!" I laughed, shoving him. I didn't expect him to be so blasé, nor did I expect him to notice my staring, this was awkward.

"Hey," He put his hands up in defence, "All I'm saying is that Bog could do with a good time."

"He had a girlfriend, right?" I asked, trying to divert the conversation, but also learn a little more without having to directly ask Harry himself.

I stayed sat on the edge of the bed as Cal explained to me that he and his girlfriend had dated for 6 years, mainly long-distance since moving from Guernsey and her being at uni for a lot of the time they were together. It was a civil breakup, but she was the one that had ended things, not Harry; he didn't go into details but perhaps she just fell out of love or the distance thing wasn't working for her anymore.

As I was going to speak, the door opened, "Sorry uh, foods done."

I turned to see Harry looking between us, then keeping his attention on me, "Thanks, I'll be right out."

He nodded and closed the door behind me, "Wow you could cut that tension with a knife!" Cal exclaimed, laughing. God, he is so loud sometimes. I hope Harry didn't hear much, if any, of that conversation.

Going out to the kitchen, I sat down at the table where Harry already was and thanked him. I took a deep breath before just trusting my word vomit, "I think we need to talk about what happened."

Harry stopped cutting into his food and looked up at me, "Uh, yeah. Sorry, I was really drunk and definitely shouldn't have gone there. I mean, you've just moved in here so if it made you uncomfortable then I guess I can only apologise."

I took a minute to digest that information, definitely shouldn't have gone there. I wasn't sure if he was saying what he thought I wanted to hear, or if he actually meant that he wasn't interested. To be honest, I wasn't sure what I was getting so annoyed about, we've literally just met, not dating, not together, just flatmates.

"It's fine, I guess I just felt embarrassed when you walked off so fast."

He looked away for a second before rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, "Yeah, I'm not the best in those situations, sorry. I don't really know what to say."

I smiled sympathetically, "Let's forget about it. Friends?"

Harry's POV

"Let's forget about it. Friends?"

Harry why are you such a stinker, lad? Of course I don't want to be friends! I should have just kissed her when I had the damn opportunity. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for anything long term just yet, but it would be nice to have some company again once in a while.

I nodded, "Friends."

She smiled and went back to eating her food. Well, I've played myself. Cal sauntered through the kitchen shortly after our conversation and I wondered if he had talked to Elle about this, they seemed to be getting on quite well.

"Don't forget we're filming today, Harold."

"Filming?" I turned back to see Elle looking at me, I nodded.

"Yeah, we do Youtube. I didn't know if you already knew that or not."

She raised both of her eyebrows, "Interesting. What kind of things do you do?"

Cal came and sat down at the table with us, more water in hand. "Why don't you come along and see? Harold here is part of a group with Ethan and the other guys you met last night; they do bigger videos than me in terms of production, but I get to be in them every now and again."

I gulped, today was a Tinder video.

"Sure, why not? Sounds like fun." She said.

Oh, nelly.