Sleep

A/N; Warning- I talk about some veiws on John Winchester that a lot of people don't share so please dont hate me

        You roll over in your bed and groan.  You pull the blanket over your head and burry your face in the stack of pillows.  You sighs after a few minutes and realize you're not going to be getting much more sleep.  You sit up on the edge of your bed and rub your eyes, trying to wake yourself up when all you do is make weird lines and and dots all over.  You stand up and shiver becasue of the cold, hard, wooden floor.  You walk over to your door and yawn as you slide on your bunny slipperes.  You open the creaky door slowly so you don't wake anyone up.  You scuff your feet all the way to the kitchen and open the cabinet sleepily.  You pull down the tea kettle and put water in it.  You place it on the stove, turning on the burner.  You pull it off of the burner just as the kettle begins to shriek and shut it off as you pour the hot liquid into the coffe mug.  You glance over at the clock on the stove and it says 1:27 in the morning.  You steep the tea and sit down in the living room, now, wide awake.  You grab the remot and turn on thet tv, turning the volume down to next to nothing.  You sip your tea and watch you favorite show when you hear a door creak open.  Your ears perk up and listen, even though you're sure it's one of the Winchesters. 

        You had been friends with them since you three were very young.  John Winchester, their father, had taken you into his home.  The only person that made you feel safe there was the youngest broher, Sam.  He had such a sweet way of caring and looking after you .  You never really felt like you belonged there.  You knew about their jobs from quite a young age because your parents died due to a vampire.  John had to come and cut of its head.  It was hard on everyone when Sam left, especially you.  He was your rock and when he left, you locked everyone out.  Dean tried to get through to you, and he was sweet too, but it never seemed real, even though you knew it was. 

        "Y/N?" You hear.

        It was Sam's voice.  You turned around to see Sam without a shirt on; all he had on was a pair of flannal pants, which looked about a size or two too big for him because they were sagging slightly and you could clearly see his hips.  

        A woman comes out of his room in one of his shirts.  Just one of his shirts.  It barely went below her crotch.

        "Sam?" She asks.

        "One minute," He said without lookiung at her.  He saw how hurt ou looked when you say her.  "Actually," He started again, get some money from on top of my dresser and get yourself a ride home.  Your clothes are in the same spot as the money you can have."

        She scoffs, "Whatever," She says like an eight year old. 

        He sits down next to you and waits for her to leave to talk.  You continue to sip your tea as you wait.

        Finally, the door slams shut, shaking the whole house.  You hear Dean mutter something angrily from his room. 

        "Why are you up?" He finally asks. 

        "Couldn't sleep," You say as you raise the hot mug of tea to your lips, but you don't sip it, you just feel the warmth radiating off of it.

        "Why not?" He asks, setting his hand gently on yours.

        You shurg and tilt the cup up, swallowing the sweet tea. 

        He takes the cup from you and takes a sip of it before handing it back to you.

        "You like tea?" You ask, suprised.  He's usually awake before you, so that's probably when he drinks it.

        He nods, "You made it perfectly," He smiles at you a little.  "So, what's on your mind?"

        You shrug again, giving him a blanck stare.  "Nothing, just couldn't sleep."

        "You couldn't sleep last night or the night before, either," He gives you a worried stare.

        "Why was she here?" You ask, desprate for a subject change.  You knew who she was- well, at least what she was doing here. 

        He just sighs and gives you a cold stare in responce.

        "Why'd you leave?" You ask suddenly.

        "What do you mean?" He asks, a confused expression takes over his beautiful face.

        "Why'd you leave for Stanford...?"

        "I left because I felt like I wasn't a good hunter.  I still wanted to help people, just in a differnet way.  What could've happened while I was gone that was so horrbile?" He asks cluelessly.

        You shake your head in disbeliefe.  "When you left, John blamed Dean and I.  He was so angry with us, that he started abusing Dean.  He tryied to hid eit from me, but I knew hte signs.  When Dean wasn't enough, he had stared on me too... I locked myself away from anyone; praying that you'd come back, but you never showed.  I moved out as soon as I could... But I ended up living with Dean because he thought it's be safer..."  You started to cry.          

        He places his hand on your cheek and rubs his thumb under your eye, not letting any tears flow past it.  You start sobbing uncontrollably and you eventually throw yourself onto him, flinging your arms around him.  He places his hands on your back and draws pictures with his index finger.  He stayed silent.  You two stayed like that for what seemed like hours, when, in reality, it lasted only a couple of minutes. 

        "How about you come into my room and see if you can go back to sleep for a couple more hours," He suggested.

        "That sounds great," You manage to say, "But I don'd know if I have the strength to walk, Sam- Sam!" He had picked you up with one hand in the crook of your knee and the other one was supporting your back.  

        "Don't worry," He cooed calmingly, "I've got you... Nothing bad will happen."  You knew he couldn't garuntee that, but you seemed to believe it; the thought was nice at least.

        He carried you to his room, setting you down on the left sde of the bed.  He always slept on the right side of the bed.  He lied down next to you and hugged him close to you.

        "We should do this everynight," You whispered into his chest. 

        "We can."

        Your hands were placed on his chest and he had on hand under his own head, and the other hand was lied lazily over your waist.  You were focused on listening to his heartbeat, it was one of your favorite things to do when cuddling. 

        "I love you," You say, cutting into the silence htat hung heavily in the room.  You hear his heart begin to race. 

        "I love you too, Y/N," He says.

        "Just kiss already and shut up so I can go to sleep!" You heard Dean yell from two rooms over.

        Sam chuckled and looked down at you.  His heart began to quicken again.  You lean up and he places a sweet goodnight kiss on your lips.

        "Goodnight," He wispers.