Illness

Ethan hadn't got up from bed yet. I wonder why. I slowly walked upstairs and knocked on our bedroom door.

"Hubby? Are you awake?" I asked through the heavy wood door. There was no answer. I got very worried. I carefully opened the door to see Ethan hunched over holding his belly. I rushed over to him. I gently nudged his shoulder with my head. He looked down at me. His body was skinnier than ever. I moved some of his hair out of his face. I uncovered his freckles that were dusted across the bridge of his nose and parts of his cheeks and then I looked up into his pale blue eyes. I noticed that there were dark circles underneath them. It wasn't makeup.

"Ethan, what's the matter?" I asked in a concerned tone.

"I haven't been drinking Bunny. I'm becoming ill."

"Then have a drink, please! I beg of you!"

"Bunny I don't wish to drain you, being undead isn't fun. It's cold." He looked at me worried. I knew he hated being undead. I climbed into his lap hugging him. I buried my face in his neck whimpering. He started to gently pet my head.

"Please drink?"

"Fine, as long as you're okay with it."

"I'm okay with it," I said as I moved my hair off my shoulder. He gently kissed my shoulder for a few minutes and started to nibble. I was ready for the sharp pain. When I felt the sharp prick smiled and rubbed his head. I felt him place his hand on my back and pull me closer. He sucked a little harder. I started playing with his hair. So soft. When he pulled away he left a small blood trail.

"Are you feeling okay Bunny?"

"Yeah, I'm okay." Once I said I was okay, he went back to drinking. He pulled me closer by my back. I gently played with her hair as he drank. His strength grew back and he pulled away licking the wound. He left a small kiss. He looked up at me smiling, some of my blood ran down his lip. I gently wiped it off and allowed him to lick the small drop off my finger.