The Rebuild

Some of the kingdom was destroyed from the war. Stone walls turned to rubble, wood burned away and farm lands turned to waste. I saw vampires and werewolves crying because they had little money, crumbs for food, little shelter and unclean water to drink. I walked to an elderly wolf, half dead from dehydration. She was licking at a tap that dripped murky water. I knelt down and pet her head.

"You need better water. Lay still, I'm going to take you to my home, there's fresh water there." I whispered to her. She kept trying to drink but it was hard for her since she was completely blind. I lifted her thin body and carried her into the forest taking her to a stream. I laid her down and held her head near the stream. She started lapping up the water. Drinking tons. I went into a nearby tent and dragged out a cooler. It had plenty of meat inside. I pulled out a five pound steak and waited for her to stop drinking. When she did I handed her the red meat. She tore into it. Her teeth sharpened from gnawing on nothing but bones. Once the steak was gone, I carried her back to the broken kingdom. Seeing The two lords help out the people in need and help rebuild the once glorious kingdom. It was better when the old KIng and Queen ruled. Knowing that we'd be safer but now everything is destroyed. I ran back into the shadowy forest and watched as days turned to weeks. The kingdom slowly rebuilt to its former glory. One night, as I slept in a tree I heard a celebration.

"What could they be doing now?" I asked myself as I climbed higher in the tree. I saw a big table with other smaller tables around it. Vampires and werewolves were placing white table clothes on them and setting light blue and light pink flowers in the middle of every table. On one, there was a beautiful cake with the light blue and light pink flowers decorating it. With a bride and groom. Perhaps one of the Princes is getting married? But which one? Prince Noah or Prince Ethan? I looked around, and noticed that the kingdom was fully rebuilt.

"How long was I out for?" I asked myself again. Everything was rebuilt. I felt my eyes twitch from annoyance. I was angry with myself. I put up with those two brats and then they go kill their parents, take the throne and now one of them is getting married?? How can this be possible? They were just little kids the last time I had seen them, but now, they've grown. Mature and powerful. Very powerful. Ever since they were little brats, they were powerful. Noah clawed out my right eye while Ethan tore into my stomach. Taking care of those brats while King Marcus and Queen Ethel were out on vacation was enough suffering. Looking over the kingdom, everything was in order except for the banners on the lamps. They weren't there anymore. At the end was a gas lit lantern. The fire flickered gently. I then looked at the tables.

"I'm going to have to investigate this situation more." I whispered and climbed down. I walked over to the tables but stayed in the darkness.I examined the flowers closely, they were very tiny and very real. They had a soft aroma, they were sweet smelling like honeysuckle, lavender and cinnamon. The tables were set beautifully. I then looked at the cake, looking up at the bride and groom. Ethan and a female that I couldn't recognise.