A Sudden Visit (Chapter 20)

Author's POV

Voices halted their movements and soon footsteps are heard. The two guards who were at their post opened the door revealing one of the guards who previously helped the group before came towards them in a hurried pace while keeping a calm manner.

"My Lords, forgive us for the disturbance but a group of Sarams are at the entrance. The person in charge wanted to have a meeting. They told us the same reason but we suspect that they are here for-"

"No need. Lead us the way. All of you know what to do and help the four as well. We will continue with the meeting later on. Do what you have to do. Armur, Kai" Zaroen said while linking his arm with his wife.

"Yes, father" The eldest child, Armur finally spoke while the second eldest, Kai nodded to his parents.

"Du on luafi eitgun khara uk et Maras" Esmaea stated. It was the first time they heard her voice. Even if she only spoke a few words, her voice emits high power, even more than her husband but the language she spoke was unknown and new to them.

"Yes, mother" Both siblings said as they bowed at their parents.

The four who were confused at what was happening stood up as they watch the two leaders and the guard exited. Yiseuroobeu was about to ask the eldest but stopped.

"Come, follow us. You don't have to worry. I'm Armur and this is Kai. Forgive us for not introducing ourselves earlier"

"It is alright..." Ragaz assured.

"May I ask if they have been here before ? You seem calm about the group of Sarams at the entrance of your kingdom" Muttzareu questioned.

"They would visit at a certain time every two to three months. It started since the great hunt" Armur answered.

"For what reason do they visit your tribe ?" Haerazeu asked.

"They are here for our land" Armur stated.

"They have lied multiple times about their purpose being here. The lies we were given are quite obvious even from the very start. Some of them deserve a silent laugh" He said, sarcastically at the last sentence.

"Some of them are innocent except for those of corrupted ones. When they want more, their greed increases" Kai spoke.

"Forgive us if we have said something that might be upsetting for you" Both Armur and Kai bowed as they apologized making the four surprised at their action.

"But do not worry, they are safe" Kai assured them.

"How do you know ?" Yiseuroobeu questioned.

Armur smiled, "You will know. Everything will be explained later on but we just want you to know that they are safe"

They were overwhelmed. A feeling of relief filled the four of them but these certain emotion still lingers. Regret. Guilt. Grief. Burdened. They couldn't help but to feel those emotions.

"It is the truth when we told you that they are safe and alive. Everyone in your tribe including your family. We understand that the four of you couldn't help feeling worried and burdened because of what happened" Kai spoke.

"Have all of you..." Ragaz trailed off.

"...Yes, we have lost some of our brothers, our sisters, our friends and families. Everyone here is all bounded as one even though some of us aren't related by blood or halfly related. We are all a one family. Every one of us include" He replied.