When The Hunt Starts (Chapter 11)

Author's POV

After the day, Saya and Eunseom was born, Ragaz kept on telling Asa Hon who also wants to help him with the work to just rest while taking care of the children.

Asa Hon sat down in the tent with Eunseom beside her while watching Ragaz going out with the other older twin, Saya to hunt out and to find a medicine to cure Eunseom' s fever.

Rottip secretly observes Ragaz's movements, followed him from behind and hides in the bushes.

Rottip looked behind him, seeing Rathiasa combing Ruerup's hair with her hands while Ranttip is asleep. He then focuses on following Ragaz. Rottip cautiously minding his steps.

He hides in one of the bushes nearby when Ragaz was going towards his direction but then he saw Ragaz went to a different way.

He felt relieved and continued to follow him. On another hand...

Asa Hon puts Eunseom beside her and went off to sleep. Ranttip is now fully awake while the other two, Rathiasa and Ruerup was asleep. He then wakes Ruerup up.

"Rup, wake up. Where is Ragaz?"

"Hmm...hunting to find food with his older twin child and to find medicine" Ruerup said, half asleep

"Medicine? for what?"

"For Eunseom's fever" Rathiasa stated.

"But where is Rottip?" He then asked.

"I don't know he-" Ruerup said but got cut off by Rathiasa.

"He is maybe roaming around to explore, he's maybe not too far from here" Rathiasa said while getting up.

"Alright then"

"Just hope he will be back soon"

Asa Hon's POV

"Asa Hon...."

"...Asa Hon..."

"Asa Hon..."

"...Asa Hon"

The voice, calling my name, I kept hearing it in my head. Eunseom was on my arms, while one unknown child was in front of us.

I couldn't see the child's face because of how foggy it was here. I looked around my surroundings, this place seems unfamiliar to me and there's a lot of fog.

I then asked the child in front of me, where we are. The child didn't move an inch, just stayed there.

I'm not too sure where the child is looking at but I get the feeling it's actually looking right at us.

I then looked at what the child is holding onto, a lonicera flower and...what shocks me is that child is also holding onto Aramun Haesulla's hammer wind.

I tried my best to see the child's face but I couldn't, it became more foggy. I jerked when the child suddenly talked to me.

"Asa Hon..."

"Asa Hon...."

"Give me the baby"

"No I can't. The baby is ill"

"It was born on the day the Azure Comet was seen. It will bring calamity upon the world. Hand me the baby"

"No, I refuse"

"Then, should I take his brother instead?"

"No don't, these children didn't do anything wrong"

"Then I will take their father. Asa Hon, you made this choice. The day we meet again, I will not spare your life"

"You should run away from me if you wish to live"

"Run far away"

"Please! please!"

"Do not pursue the one who sings"

"Don't, No!"

"No! please spare my life! Please"

I woke up with sweats around my face and neck. I look around my surroundings and ask myself what was that about.

"What was that?"

"Was that a dream?" I thought

"Is this what they call a dream?"

"But I'm a Saram. How could I have a dream"

"I didn't even receive the training"

I then recap the dream I had just now, scared and confused of what that child just said.

"...Asa Hon give me the baby..."

I was going to get Eunseom, I looked down and Eunseom was gone. I panicked and went outside searching for him.

I was relieved when I saw Ranttip was holding him gently. As I went to him, Ranttip gave Eunseom to me and said Eunseom's fever was alright, that made me more relieved.

"His fever has gone down. I think he's fine now, Asa Hon"

"Thank goodness. I'm so relieved"

Ragaz's POV

I have collected all the cure for Eunseom's fever and put them inside a small bag. I caress Saya's head and smiled.

I looked up when I heard a noise from far away. As a walk closer to where it is, my blood boiled when I learned it's the smell of Saram's.

I ran to the safest spot to hide Saya from the Sarams and I began hunting them out.

I was hiding up the tree, observing the Saram's wondering around to kill our kind again. My blood screamed anger as I ran passed them killing the Saram soldiers one by one.

They began running away from me. The one who is mostly in front all of them leads them the way. I kept on killing and few of them are almost gone.

The one who leads them sat down on his knees while trying to make fire? I hissed and he steps away until his back hit the tree.

"This land belongs to everyone" I said with anger.

I was about to kill him but I was interrupted by an arrow shot from the distance.

I immediately ran towards the spot where I put Saya. When I arrived, I put the medicine bag beside him.

"Sweetheart, this is medicine for your little brother. Take good care of it"

I then continue the task I gave myself. Fighting them all is what I should do, to protect my family even if I die.

Author's POV

"He's over there. He's close" One of the Saram soldiers stated.

They then drew their arrows and swords to get ready to kill the neanthal hiding in front of them.

Ragaz then came out of the bushes and went close to where they are, angry and frustrated. Then the two kinds begins the fight.