Chapter 5

Asa Hon's POV

After the meeting ended, we went back to the camp. Before arriving there, a fire torch's light can be seen afar. It was the warriors waiting for our arrival.

When we arrived, one of the daekan warriors, Yeonbal went to me asking how the meeting went.

Author's POV

"Asa Hon-nim!" Yeonbal called out to Asa Hon.

"How did it go?" He asked.

One of the two guards behind Asa Hon, Gilsun who is also a daekan warrior answered him instead.

"Talking to those beasts is obviously useless."

"Then what do we do now?" Yeonbal asked.

"What do you think? It only means war." Gilsun said.

"What?" Yeonbal ask, surprised. Asa Hon too was also surprised.

"How are we going to fight against them? They are monsters"

"We have no other option." Gilsun replied.

Then he continued, "Without the Plains Of The Moon, half of the people in Arthdal will starve to death."

Asa Hon was shock hearing that. They were actually planning to get the land instead of making them a civilian of Arthdal. She then informed Yeonbal of what Sanung said.

"Sanung Niruha said that he wishes to send them a gift to try to persuade them one more time. I will soon visit Atturad to deliver the gift in person." Asa Hon stated.

Yeonbal nodded after.

"We're just wasting our time with those beasts." Gilsun said with a stern tone.

Gilsun walked away after that leaving them behind. Before walking away, Asa Hon glanced behind her shortly at Mubaek who looked away after he glanced at her.

Asa Hon finally went back to her camp. She quietly goes to where her daughter is and holds her gently and carefully.

Asa Hon looks at Rathiasa feeling guilty leaving her alone in the camp. Asa Hon gently hugs her when she suddenly heard her daughter's small voice saying mama.

"My child...forgive me-"

Before Asa Hon can continue, her daughter, Rathiasa caress her mother's face with her small hands while softly mumblung the word 'mama'.

"Mama...mam..ma...mama..."

Asa Hon smiled and kissed her on her forehead then fed Rathiasa before going off to sleep. Ragaz was in her mind, seeing him again, it filled her heart with sadness and missing him. She wiped the tear off her face. Now Asa Hon focused on her daughter, Rathiasa.

"Rathiasa...my child...I hope you can meet your father in the future..." Asa Hon said while setting Rathiasa up to sleep.

Setting her up, Asa Hon noticed how much she has grown for the past few months eventhough she is still a baby. She then puts Rathiasa beside the bed with her, securing her safely. Asa Hon then kissed her daughter's head then went off to sleep.

When morning comes, Asa Hon woke up by the sounds of a wooden cart pulling over.

Asa Hon immediately covered Rathiasa with her coat then composed herself while sitting down on her bed when she heard footsteps coming towards her tent.

It belonged to a daekan warrior, Mubaek who was holding a tray of food and water.

Mubaek then bowed to Asa Hon and greeted her while putting the tray on top of the bed beside Asa Hon. Asa Hon thanked him and Mubaek smiled and went out.

Asa Hon checked if anyone was around her tent and went back inside since all the warriors are more further from her tent. Some warriors were outside Sanung Niruha's tent guarding it.

She eats the food and water that was given for her then feeds Rathiasa after. She then thought of what Gilsun said the other night making her heart break by those words.

Her mind then went to her parents. The promise that they made were actually a lie.

She shakes off the thought away saying how stupid she is to believie her parents words considering what they have done 2 years ago.

She then hid Rathiasa with a coat when she decided to go out to discuss about something to Sanung Niruha.

The daekan warriors looks up to see Asa Hon going towards Sanung Niruha's tent. They slowly get up and asked Asa Hon what's wrong. Asa Hon then told them to tell Sanung Niruha she has something to discuss about.

Three daekan warriors asked Sanung Niruha for a permission to go inside.
They went inside after hearing a reply from Sanung Niruha telling them to come in.

After a few seconds later, the three warriors went out and told Asa Hon to go inside while accompanying her.

Sanung Niruha stands up and assured Asa Hon to sit down and told the warriors to leave them alone since Asa Hon told Sanung that the discussion will be important and that she doesn't want anyone to interrupt or hear their conversation.

Sanung Niruha then sits down in front of Asa Hon and told her to begin. Asa Hon bowed and greeted him respectfully.

"Niruha, forgive me to bother you this morning"

"No no it is alright. What is it that you want to discuss with me, Asa Hon?" Sanung asked.

"It is about the Neanthal matter." Asa Hon told him, hesitatantly..

"Oh what might it be?" He asked, anticipating Asa Hon's answer.

"Since the negotiation with the Neanthals failed, we...aren't going to have a war with them, right?"

"War?" He said questionably.

"After sending them the gifts, we aren't going to have any war with them. We aren't going to kill them right?"

"Of course we are not. Now I will only send the gifts to them through you after that we have nothing to do with them anymore" Sanung stated..

"Is it true, Niruha?" Asa Hon asked skeptically.

"Yes of course. The Neanthals will be safe we will not do any harm towards them. Only the task of sending them gifts, that's all."

"Yes Niruha"

"No need to worry Asa Hon. They will be alright"

"I understand Niruha, Forgive me for bothering you. I will go now"

Sanung Niruha nodded as Asa Hon bowed to him and went outside. The warriors looked behind them and saw Asa Hon going back towards her tent.

As she was inside her tent, she began thinking if what Sanung said and if he will keep the promise or not...

She went to her daughter, apologizing to her softly while holding her gently as tears suddenly ran down her face thinking for both her and her daughter's future and him...