Away (Chapter 7)

Author's POV

Asa Hon went outside and to her surprise there's a female neanthal with her baby. The unknown female puked out her own blood. Asa Hon worried and shocked went closer to the female.

As Asa Hon got closer, the female neanthal died. Asa Hon shaked her gently but to only have no responses from the woman. Asa Hon then carried the woman's baby carefully while wiping off the baby's tears.

Asa Hon then looked at the baby's mother and promised to take care of her baby well.

Then two daekan warriors appeared out of nowhere went to Asa Hon to inform her of this sudden war.

Ragaz's POV

We were celebrating the crescent moon. It is an important day for us all because it is the time when our god, Artemis Carman is brought to life.

Everyone was praying including me to our moon God, Artemis Carman. This night was the first day.

After a few hours celebrating the moon, we decided to go back to Atturad. When we arrive there, we saw a wooden cart with human clothes and blankets.

One of the females took one blanket for her child and it continues as others just takes it. Muttzareu was confused. He went to our leader, Raknruv and told him about it.

Muteurubeu told him to just let them be and Raknruv continued his walk. Muttzareu was left speechless and rant it to me, all I could us just nod.

I immediately sensed something wasn't right going back to Atturad but I ignored it. All of us stopped when one of the family's child suddenly puked out his own blood. We were shocked and confused. We were asking questions to each other what happened.

One by one suddenly puked his and her own blood. We of course was shocked. I looked at both Yiseuroobeu and Rastraea and others.

We then looked behind us. We are more shock as a fire start to appear suddenly on one of the trees. All of us panicked and that made us separated from each other.

Arrows with fire onto it was flying out here to the ground of our land, Atturad. My thoughts then went to the humans. I was sure it is the human's doing.

A hand suddenly grabbed my arms. When I looked she hands me her baby and told me to take care of her child and she then went to her next life.

We were trying to run away. I saw another baby alone on the ground as the child's mother fell. I immediately went to her but to only see her passed to her next life. I then took her child and vowed to take care of the child well.

I then tried to look for everyone but to only see no one was there only fires around. But couldn't see anyone as the fires are beginning to be more bigger than before.

I went away quickly and find a way out. I lost my sister and Yiseuroobeu, I also lost leader Raknruv and Muteurubeu and others.

I finally found the way put of here and I saw two humans running away quickly to a tent nearby.

Slowly following them in anger and walk slowly after I got stabbed by the arrow, the pain in my stomach got more unbearable.

I hid behind a tree and saw her, Asa Hon talking to them. I was outraged as I head towards them.

Asa Hon's POV

"Hurry. We must get out of here quickly." The Daekan soldier said to me.

"Then, the sudden outbreak of the infectious disease...was is caused by the gifts I brought?" I asked the soldiers.

"Obviously"

"Asa Hon, we must hurry!" He continued, insisting me to hurry and go.

"Who gave the order to pull such a cruel trick, if Sanung Niruha finds out--"

"Asa Ron Niruha and Sanung Niruha gave the order." He cuts me off.

I was shocked as he said the names of Asa Ron and Sanung Niruha.

"Come on, we must leave now!" He then continued.

After a few seconds of me hesitating, I finally decided to not leave Atturad.

"I will not leave"

"Go tell them. Aramun Haesulla, who founded the Arthdal Union, is dead. Rats that use his name are the only ones left now."

I was shock as I saw a hand go through two of the soldiers hearts and pulled it out.

Author's POV

Asa Hon stared at Ragaz in shock as he pulled out the heart of the two daekan warriors. Ragaz then moves towards Asa Hon slowly as he speaks.

"Your people are evil"

Asa Hon frozed, shaking in fear then Ragaz stopped after seeing a neanthal child on her arms, crying. His eyes softens.

Ragaz then fall to his knee's after the pain strucks him again. Asa Hon feeling worried wanting to help him get up but saw two babies on Ragaz's back.

Ragaz looks up and saw the worried Asa Hon looking behind his back. Asa Hon then crouched down to talk to him.

"Pull yourself together, We have to get out of here!"

"Your people are..."

"I am sorry...I am sorry...but we have to save the children...together!" Asa Hon said as tears streamed down her face.

After a while, Asa Hon helped Ragaz to get up and went inside the tent. Asa Hon put the child on her arms down on the bed with Rathiasa and told Ragaz to sit down so that she could treat his wounds.

While treating his wounds, she saw Ragaz looking at their child, Rathiasa. She then gather all her courage to tell him.

Ragaz was in disbelief when Asa Hon told him Rathiasa is their daughter. Asa Hon then packed her stuff and hold Rathiasa and the other child she saved.

Both Asa Hon and Ragaz then went away from the forest before the fire would get bigger. Both of them was stopped by a huge wind brushed against their backs and it came again seconds after.

Both of them continued to get away from the burning forest to find a new place to live and survive.