Manteiv (Chapter 16 Pt.2)

Author's POV

The other three adults along with an unconscious Ragaz successfully sneaked out the first few areas guarded by the Saram warriors.

Muttzareu placed down Ragaz to rest. Ragaz was heavy after all. They rest among the bushes. Haerazeu volunteered to carry Ragaz.

Nukkraa cautiously looks around before signaling the others to follow him. Haerazeu accidently stumble upon a rock, almost making him let go of Ragaz.

They quickly hide behind a tree when they heard footsteps and voices of the Sarams walking towards their direction.

"What was that?..."

"Lets go back to our post, maybe it's just an animal roaming around"

"Yeah...It better be that or nothing"

"What are you both doing? Get back to work NOW!"

"Yes Sir!"

They sigh of relief. Haerazeu apologized to Muttzareu and Nukkraa but both of them assured him that it was okay. Nukkraa continues to look around for empty areas.

Fortunately, all of them finally met at the meeting place and headed towards Manteiv.

Ragaz's POV

I slowly opened my eyes. All of a sudden I heard someone saying my name. It sounded like a child's voice.

"...gaz!...Ragaz!"

Reality finally came to me. I looked beside me and it was Rottip.

"...ro...Rottip?..."

"You are finally awake! You have been unconscious for 5 and a half day"

"Five days? Where are we? Where are the others? Ranttip and Ruerup ? Wait, where are-"

"Ranttip and Ruerup are asleep. About Asa Hon and Rathiasa and the two little ones, we don't know anything about their whereabouts. Rathiasa told us to wait and stay in our hiding spot. We were waiting for all of you to come back and we only found you lying on the ground, unconscious. There were Rathiasa's spell around you, the water"

"Rathiasa's spell...and where are we?"

"We were saved by a group of four people. They are the same kind as us" Rottip stated.

"Where are they now?"

"They told me in case you wake up, that they will be waiting outside"

"Let me ask again, where is this place?"

"Manteiv"

"Manteiv?"

"They told us that we were going to Manteiv to stay and to treat your wounds. It took us three days to go here since you know...and because there were a lot of Sarams everywhere"

"...Manteiv"

"I will tell them you are awake already"

"Alright"

I stood up carefully wincing at the pain on my body and neck. Ranttip and Ruerup is sleeping soundly. It's better if I put them to sleep on the bed so they would have a nice sleep.

I sat beside the two of them. I couldn't help but wonder about Asa Hon and my children. Thinking about them, where they are, where they might be, whether they are still out there, trying to find us, whether they are still alive or...

Just the thought of it made me overwhelmed. I fear if they are still around Atturad. There were a lot of if's in my head.

I am feeling the same thing when I couldn't save my sister and the others. She was the only family I have left.

I couldn't get my thoughts away after having that dream. Was it a sign? It was something I couldn't describe with words. I could only remember someone who whispered Artemis Carman's name and a few of the last scenes. I wanted to find answers after waking up from that dream.

I wiped my tears off and hoped for their well being and hoping to see them soon but Manteiv...Manteiv is far from Atturad, the forest where we lived in.(Manteiv is a faraway place and in a winter forest environment...idk)

Who are the four people Rottip mentioned? I was surprised to hear they are the same kind like us. I looked around and I didnt know this place has a wooden and stone-like house.

I want to say my gragitude for saving the children, they should have just left me behind and it would be more easier for them to escape with the children but I am thankful.

As I stand, I heard footsteps coming towards my direction.

"Ragaz, they are here"

"...Don't worry, I am alright-"

"...Ragaz" Yiseuroobeu said

"Hey brother, are you all healed up?"

"Muttzareu?"

"Rottip, we are going to have a talk right now so, be careful" Muttzareu told Rottip.

We went out and moved to another tent and decided to have a conversation here.

They told me who survived and who didn't during the epidemic war began and told me that we were at another tribe's territory.

They were actually heading somewhere in Manteiv before a tribe saved them when a war in Manteiv begin. The tribe who saved them also worships Lord Artemis Carman and are allies with our kinds.

"They are some half human and another species we do not really know of and some of them are full race of that species. We just knew of it when they saved us, just a little" Muttzareu stated.

"Another species?" Ragaz questioned.

"We aren't sure of it but..." Yiseuroobeu said.

"It is said that an unknown species are a long time allies and families with Artemis Carman. They are also half descendants of Artemis Carman. Neanthals are full blood descendants of our ancestors. Neanthals and this unknown species are related. Only Lord Artemis knows" Nukkraa said.

"There's five kingdom that belongs to five of our ancestors including our kingdom but due to Sarams greediness, our kingdom has come to an end but will forever live on" Nukkraa said.

"All five kingdoms worships our Lord Artemis. It is said that-" Haerazeu stopped when the door opened.

"Come, my leader wants to meet you all to discuss some matters. Follow me, warriors of the tiger" Unknown person said.