Memories (Chapter 8 Pt.1) (Flashbacks)

(*A/N: This is when both Asa Hon and Ragaz were children)

Author's POV

It was a mild day for the small Asa Hon as she was picking pomegranates along with her mother, Asa Yon in the forest.

They were guards around but since Asa Yon knows that her daughter might not like the guards looking at what they were doing, she told them that she will call them when they're finish getting the pomegranates.

"Mother...how is this one?" Asa Hon said showing her mother one of the the fruits she got.

"That one's alright dear. Find more" She smiled to her daughter as she look at Asa Hon finding more of the fruits she found.

Asa Hon went further from her previous spot with her mother to pick more fruits. The ones Asa Hon and her mother picked, Pomegranates were full, so her idea is to pick other fruits.

As she picked a fruit, Asa Hon heard movements around the bushes behind her and a hiss that continues with it. She looked behind, terrified.

She backed away slowly from that area but was stopped by something behind her back. She slowly tried to get a glimpse of what is behind her to which she was surprised it was a neanthal. It was a male neanthal.

For her the Neanthal looks like a boy around her age except for he's a little bit taller than Asa Hon. She crouched down and gave the neanthal boy one of the fruits she picked. She smiled after, the boy also smiled.

Her name was called by her mother that they are going back home since the day is getting late.

Asa Hon look back at the neanthal boy and gestured him to go back home too before they found him. Asa Hon told him by hand gestures to meet again at the same spot tomorrow.

Her hand gestured at herself then at the boy and gestured to the spot they first met. The neanthal boy tilted his head not knowing what she is saying but goes with it. He went back home as she said.

"Asa Hon!"

"Yes, mother?"

"(sigh)...let's go back home, father must be waiting"

"Yes. Look mother i found a lot of different fruits this time"

"They look delicious, good girl"

Asa Hon smiled as she got complimented by her mother. She then looked back at the place where she first met the boy.

When night comes, small Asa Hon kept on looking outside her window, wondering if the neanthal boy she met today will ever come tomorrow. Her mother then came in her room.

"My dear, why is it that you keep on looking outside? doesn't it scare you at night?"

"Not really mother, I was just...looking At the stars. It's beautiful, mother. That's why"

"It is beautiful but my dear Asa Hon is more" Asa Yon said hugging her child gently while looking at the stars.

Asa Yon then stands up and sits down on her child's bed.

"Asa Hon, come here child"

"Yes mom"

Asa Hon then hugs her daughter, "My dear dear Asa Hon, who do you wish to be with in the future?" Asa Yon suddenly asked.

"Wish to be with? what does that mean mother?" Asa Hon asked not knowing what the question meant by her mother.

"The person you will be with as a partner in the future, just like mother and father" Asa Yon stated.

"Do you not mind mother if it's just anybody, species, race?"

"I don't mind, anybody who is suitable for you, the one that makes you feel precious. The one you think is the one for you, my dear"

"Feel precious...one for me..."

Asa Hon finally slept after the talk she had with her mother. Asa Yon puts the blanket on her daughter and kissed her goodnight.

It was morning already and Asa Hon picking one of the fruits she brought yesterday for the boy. Asking herself if the boy will like the fruits she chose for him.

And from that day, they keep on seeing each other on the same spot they first met. Learning each other's languages and their own individual self.

"Ragaz, let's meet again in the future"

"I promise"

Both Asa Hon and Ragaz smiled at the same time, admiring one another. They made a promise to keep meeting each other again and in the future.