Chapter 14: Limit

"Hyung, do you really have to leave us?" Chanwoo asks as he pouted.

Junmi chuckles and ruffles the maknae's hair.

"Yah, I'm taking a 2 months' leave only. It's not as if I'm quitting," he explains.

"Furthermore, I'm sure this would allow Ahreum to gain more experience in taking care of you guys," he added and looks at Ahreum.

She smiles at him in reply but inside, she's crying and having a mental breakdown. She is worried on how she is going to manage the boys and also how to manage with Rina that has an ice cold heart. To Ahreum, Rina represents the iceberg that sinks the Titanic while she represents the Titanic itself. Ahreum is slowly drowning from Rina's cold attitude.

Earlier on, they had a farewell dinner for Junmi and now, they are sending him off at the door. The members are sad that their favourite manager would not be around them for some time. They are not worried about being taken care by Ahreum but they are worried on being taken care by the satan's daughter. They also know that Ahreum would probably get bullied and bossed around by Rina instead, eventhough she is a senior to the elder.

"Bye, my babies!" Junmi shouted to iKon as he walks away.

Ahreum pouts as she waves to her favourite friend and sighs deeply when she goes back in the dorm. However, the glare that she received from Rina made her gulp in fear.

The boys entered the house after feeling satisfied with their farewell wishes. The first thing they did right after entering the dorm was yawning out loudly and complaining how tired they are. They should be, as it was 2 in the morning.

"Boys, please get some rest. You have more schedules tomorrow and I need a bunch of fresh idols," Ahreum said as she pushes Jinhyeong to his room.

The boys nodded and immediately retreats to their room. Ahreum makes sure that they are settled in bed before preparing to go home. After checking on everyone, she looks for Rina but she was nowhere to be seen. Ahreum suddenly noticed the Rina's handbag, that was on the coffee table, gone and her heels are no longer at the entrance.

"Wow, she went off just like that?" Ahreum thought to herself as she put on her shoes. She shakes her head and hopes that everything would be much better in the morning.

~

Ahreum's POV

I had insufficient sleep as I had to wake up at five to prepare for today's schedules. The first schedule for the boys starts at seven.

I enter the boys' dorm while rubbing my eyes, hoping that the sleepiness would go away. However, I stopped in my tracks when I see the living room lights switched on. I take a look at my watch and see that it's only 5:30 in the morning. It might be impossible for them to wake up this early.

I continue walking and when I reach the living room, I gasp when I see all nine of the boys dozing off on top of each other. They were also all dressed up for their schedules. Some are half awake while the others are asleep. I was about to question them what happened until I saw it. The satan's daughter emerging from the kitchen.

She gave me a boring look before walking to the living room.

"Rina, don't you think that this is too early-"

"They are under me now so they have to follow whatever I say," she interrupts me.

I got irritated but nevertheless, I try to calm myself down as she is much more older than me. Maybe, she has a point?

I make my way to the kitchen and place my bag on the dining table. It was too early for the boys to work so I brewed hot coffees for them. When it's done, I poured it into nine cups and serve it on the table.