Chapter 2 : The Change

Two weeks after Ahreum started working in the company, she left a good impression to her colleagues and even Mr Yang himself, who had been paying close attention to the new employees that he had hired. It was no doubt that Ahreum stood out the most as she was a quick problem solver and learned things fast. In fact, Ahreum looked professional when she does her work.

"Let's talk about iKON, who is going to debut soon," Nabi suddenly voiced out to her friends during lunchtime.

When Ahreum asked who was iKON, the three friends choked on their foods simultaneously while Ahreum rolled her eyes at their exaggerated actions. Nabi, Da Eun and Hyun Woo immediately volunteered to explain to their newbie about iKON, bragging to her on how good looking and awesome they are.

"They must be that impressive that even Hyun Woo fan boys over them," Ahreum chuckled. Hyun Woo pouts and acted hurt from her comment.

~

"She's probably the only person in this company that does not know about iKON," YG's secretary informs him.

Hearing that, he smiled.

"Perfect," was all he said before he ordered his secretary to call someone up to his office.

~

"Ahreum, can you send me a copy of the email?"

"My love, can you help me photocopy the list?"

"Ahreum, I need your help. Can you place this in the shredder? Thanks!"

The 2nd floor mini office was noisy with the sounds of keyboard, machines and printing as the four friends were busy doing their work. Ahreum does every single order that her seniors told her to carry out, hoping that it would lessen the burden for them. As she was still new, she had not much tasks to do, so she offered to help them. Ahreum stood up and proceeded to the shredder to place the papers that Nabi gave her in it.

"Song Ahreum?" A deep voice suddenly called out her name. Instantly everyone stopped doing their work when they saw the man who stood behind Ahreum.

"Yes? May I help you?" Ahreum answered. When she turned around, she was greeted with a tall and bulky man.

"You are needed in the CEO's office. Please bring all your stuff, place it in this box and follow me to his office," The well-built guy said and handed her an empty box. He then stood at the entrance of the office and waited for Ahreum.

Ahreum began to panic.

'Am I getting fired?'

'Did I mess up?'

These were the thoughts that ran through her mind. Even though she was scared and worried, she obediently listened to the man and packed all her stuff in the box. Da Eun, Hyun Woo and Nabi looked at her in confusion but dared not ask questions. The man who waited for Ahreum to clear her stuff, led her to the CEO's office as soon as she was done.

~

The door to the elevator opened and revealed a large, black door at the end of the corridor. The man opened the door for Ahreum and she entered it after saying thank you. As soon as she entered, Ahreum saw someone sitting on the chair, with his back facing her. Clearing her throat, Ahreum spoke up.

"My name is Song Ahreum and I believe you sent for me?" She said and bowed to the CEO.

YG turned his chair and smiled at the girl. He told her to place her box on the table and have a seat on the sofa nearby.

"I called you here and told you to pack up because-"

Ahreum waited for the news and gulped in anxiousness.

"-I am promoting you. To be a manager," he completed his sentence.

Ahreum's eyes widened from shock when she heard the word "promote". She could not believe it as she had just started work here and it hasn't even been a month. Getting over her shock, she began to speak up again.

"I-I do not believe it's fair. I just started work here and-"

"You are capable of it, I know. I have been observing you and noticed that you learn things exceptionally fast."

"Furthermore, I desperately need a person for this job right now. You are the person eligible for this as you are not obsessed over iKON," he explained.

Ahreum could not seem to take in all the information at that time so she requested a day to think about it. After gaining some details from the CEO, she excused herself and made her way back to the 2nd floor office.

As soon as she stepped in the office, she was greeted by her eager seniors. Ahreum told everything to them, making them gasped in shock. Instantly, each one of them began giving her a piece of their thoughts.

"Congrats girl, just accept the offer!"

"I'm jealous but since you are cute, I'll let it pass,"

"Wow, Ahreum, you are definitely getting laid by 9 handsome boys,"

Hyun Woo's head got smacked hard by two girls' hands, making him scream in pain. Ahreum blushed in embarrassment.

After having a heartful conversation, Ahreum stayed back a little longer and helped her seniors with their work as she was waiting for Bomi to knock off at six.