Chapter 30: Bittersweet

Rina sighed in relief after she got out of the shower. After Junmi sent her home earlier on, she couldn't sleep as she has a report due in the morning. Being a normal human being, Rina procrastinate too.

A sudden sound of vibration was heard in her room and she looked around in confusion. She walked around her bed, trying to figure out where the vibration sound came from. That was when her eyes landed on a red plastic bag on her nightstand, which contains all of the boys' confiscated phones. When she approached the plastic bag, the vibration sounded louder and clearer.

Rina dipped her hand in the plastic bag and grabbed the one that was vibrating.

"Hello?" Rina answered the call.

"Hanbin? I tried calling you the whole day but you did not answer. Is everything okay?"

Rina's ears perked up at the familiar voice. It was B.I's mother. Rina cursed under her breath when she forgot to inform the boys' parents about their new rules.

"Sorry Mrs Kim. I'm Rina, their manager. We have a new rule where their phones had to be confiscated," Rina explained to the other.

"Oh? Is that it? Okay, I got it. Sorry for disturbing you this late, manager but is Hanbin and the boys in good health?" Mrs Kim asked.

"Yes, they are definitely in good health, judging from their ever growing appetite," Mrs Kim laughed when Rina said that.

"So, about this new 'rules', is it because of my son's scandal?" Mrs Kim asked. The female manager was surprised when Mrs Kim said that as it was really the right reason as to why there are new rules. She acknowledges it to Mrs Kim.

"That idiot must really love Ahreum to be able to stay healthy even with all these scandals everywhere," Rina heard Mrs Kim chuckle.

"Please take good care of the both love birds, will you?" B.I's mother asked.

"Yes. I'll do that, no worries," Rina replied. After a few more conversations, both women hung up.

The manage was about to place the phone back in the red plastic bag when the phone vibrated twice, indicating that it was a text message. Rina looked at the ID of the person that sent the message.

My Ahreum^^:

Let's breakup.

Seeing that, Rina gasped in shock.

"Oh no, this was not supposed to happen!" She exclaimed.

She thought that Ahreum would be able to endure all the opposition from the fans and also the company, thus the manager was taken aback when Ahreum texted that sentence to B.I.

"I'm gonna have to inform B.I in the morning," Rina sighed out as she massaged her temples.

~

"Our schedule for today is going to radio stations for interviews and promoting your debut. Got it?" Junmi explained to the boys that was having their breakfast.

Rina on the other hand, had been staring at B.I with a sympathy look in her eyes as she was afraid the leader couldn't accept thame fact that Ahreum had initiated a breakup.

"B.I. can you follow me for a moment. I need to have a word with you," Rina said, making the leader look up from his noodles. He was confused as to why only him but nevertheless, he nodded and followed the manager out.

As usual, they went to the rooftop. Rina patted the space next to her and B.I immediately sat beside her.

The female manager sighed before taking out B.I's phone from her pocket. She then handed it to B.I, who took it hesitantly.