Chapter 28: Wait For Me

"Keep up the good work, guys!" The PD of the show shouted.

iKON had just finished with their comeback stage and they cheered to their success in their debut.

Winner, who were there to support their friends, congratulated them and cheered along too.

"Congratulations on your debut!" Seungyoon shouted and hugged B.I tightly. The leader laughed but was sad that he couldn't share the happiness with that one girl that meant so much to him.

"Hey, where's Ahreum?," Mino asked suddenly. His comment made iKON silent.

"She's suspended," Jinhwan said calmly.

Mino apologized for bringing up a sensitive subject and cringed when he realized that he had made the festive mode turned awkward.

Thankfully, Bobby came to the rescue. He started making lame jokes that was so awful, the boys had to laugh at the how bad it was. Mino sighed in relief.

However, admist all of the laughters, B.I secretly left the room to get some fresh air. Junhoe, being as observant as he was, saw the leader leaving them. He stealthily leaves the the room, following B.Is tracks. The leader opened the door to the emergency staircase and sat down there. Junhoe followed too and sat beside B.I, who knew that Junhoe had been following him.

"Why do you look so stressed out, dude?" Junhoe asked first, breaking the awkward silence.

"I'm disheartened that my relationship with Ahreum had to be kept a secret, unlike any other normal couples," B.I sighed.

Junhoe nodded, listening to the leader carefully.

"Then do something about it. Try talking to YG. He's flexible with datings and stuff but he might want to have an agreement," Junhoe advised as he looked at the dirt on his shoes.

B.I thought about what Junhoe said for a moment. He knew that dating issues were a flexible thing for YG but was unsure whether he could convince his CEO properly as he was still an amateur in the company. However, he also doesnt want to take the risk of losing Ahreum to someone else, just because of work. The leader was in a dilemma.

"Maybe I'll consider doing what you suggested," B.I nodded.

Junhoe smiled and pat the other's shoulders twice before leaving him alone to his thoughts.

"Why is love so complicated?" B.I mumbled.

~

It has been a month since her suspension. Instead of weeping in her room, Ahreum decided to make use of her time. Just like what Bomi said,

"Life has to go on."

The girl now works temporarily at the cafe that Bomi works in, to help support both her roommate and herself.

A group of high school girls sitting at the corner of the cafe called out for a waitress to take their orders. Ahreum approached the table with her notepad and pen.

"May I take your order?" Ahreum asked politely.

"Can I have an Oreo cheesecake and- Oh? You are that woman that was caught in the scandal with Hanbin!" The girl that was ordering suddenly exclaimed. Ahreum was taken aback by the sudden outbust by the school girl.

Her comment had made her friends look up from the menus and to stare at Ahreum, before glaring at her.

"You must really be that cheap to try to seduce Hanbin for popularity," one of the girls said and smirked afterwards.

Ahreum sighed and tried to excuse herself from the irritating girls. This was not the first time an insult was thrown at her by customers. In fact, she had been tolerating some of the fans that recognized her from the scandal and critisized her for 'dreaming to be B.I's girlfriend'. She halted in her steps when she felt a hand grabbing her wrist.