Chapter 27: Together

Bomi was shocked when she saw Ahreum unconscious in the arms of a man. Thankfully, she recognized Junmi as one of Ahreum's colleagues and let him in. Junmi helped to place Ahreum on her bed and Bomi proceed to cover her best friend's body with a blanket.

"She'll probably feel awful tomorrow," Junmi mumbled under his breath. He noticed that Ahreum was fidgitting in her sleep, as if she's having a nightmare.

The manager then excused himself from Bomi and left the house after Bomi, thanked him for bringing Ahreum back home safely.

She switched off the lights to her best friend's room and retreated to her own.

~

The next day, the boys were resting and had gathered in B.I's room, having a movie marathon after a fruitful day of recording their comeback songs. YG had officially announced their comeback dates out of the blue, but never the less, the boys were excited for their long awaited debut to happen.

They were watching the movie called "UP", selected by Chanwoo. Jinhwan had already prepared a box of tissues on his lap and leaned his head on Bobby's shoulders, where the rapper kept on feeding him popcorns.

Junhoe, being the rebellious teenager as he is, was focused on his phone instead. Using the group's Instagram, he was stalking some of his fans' feeds and even googled pictures of himself to set it as his phone's wallpaper.

Having fun playing with the search engine, Junhoe suddenly remembered about Ahreum.

"Let's google her name, shall we?" Junhoe thoughts in his head and typed in the manager's name, hoping to find derpy and unglam photos of his manager.

However, the first website that came out on the page caught his attention. It was a link to a website and the title was,

"Manager or Lover?"

He pressed on the link and to his horror,  the main photo for the article was the picture of Ahreum and B.I.

Junhoe gasped out loud but the other members told him to shut up. Quietly, Junhoe began reading the article and the comments that were left by the fans.

The article consisted of lies, that claimed that Ahreum was B.I' s secret lover and that she worked as a manager to get closer to the leader of iKON.

The comments that were left by the fans were mean and harsh, as they bashed Ahreum for being "cheap". Junhoe cursed under his breath at B.I's carelessness that had deeply affected Ahreum's image.

Feeling anxious and angry at the same time, Junhoe grabbed the television remote and switched it off. The members looked at him in anger and groaned in annoyance. Ignoring their protest, Junhoe told them to check their phones, as he copied the link of the website to their group chat.

"What the-"

"Oh my god,"

The boys was in shock after seeing the photo and reading the comments.

B.I suddenly threw his smartphone on the floor and cursed out loud in a state of anger. Hearing that loud crashing sound, Junmi and Rina who were in the living room entered the room in a hurry.

"What happened-"

"Why didn't you tell me about the scandal?" B.I interrupted and glared at both of the manager sharply.

Everyone in the room was taken aback from B.I's angry self as he was never this furious, not even when he fought with Junhoe. This was the first time the leader had burst out into angry fits.

"She's suspended because of that. Sorry for not telling you guys beforehand. Mr CEO warned us to keep it a secret," Junmi said, feeling guilty for not telling the boys the truth.