Chapter 18: Rooftop Prince

A/N: Sorry for the massive delay~
Will try to update sooner.

"HOLY BANANAS WHAT WAS I THINKING?!" Ahreum shouted out in exasperation while smacking her head on the door. An invisible lightbulb flickered above her head when she remembered something important.

"Hanbin! Didn't you brought your phone?" She said urgently to him.

The elder widens his eyes when he remembered about his phone and fished in his pocket for it. When the phone is already on his hands, he pressed on the screen. However, he grunted when no light was emitting from the phone. When realisation came upon him, he looked up to Ahreum in horror.

*Gulps*

"T-The.. bat-battery d-died," he stuttered and avoided eye contact.

Ahreum sighs in defeat. The bell that was attached to the door rings when she kicked the door, as if it was teasing her for her misfortune.

B.I was seated on the ground, knowing that they are doomed. The temperature was decreasing every second and the breeze that hits their face was not helping them either. Ahreum plops down beside B.I and covered her face with both her hands. She sigh heavily, feeling burdened and guilty for causing all these trouble.

"Sorry B.I. Bringing you up here turned out to be a big mistake," she mumbled under her breath, apologising to him.

Ahreum expected an angry and pissed B.I. She also had prepared herself mentally to get screamed by the elder but when none of the expected reaction happened, she turned and face him in curiosity. When her eyes finally met B.I's, she flinched and shut her eyes tightly when his hands rose up in the air.

However, a warm and gentle hand touched her shoulder instead, gripping it tightly and pulling her to the owner. Ahreum opened her eyes when the hand stopped pulling her. She timidly turns her head around, to see if B.I was still angry with her.

Her eyes was met with a brown and sharp ones, which is staring hard at her. Both their faces were only a centimeter apart, which made Ahreum's eyes widened at the sudden close distance. She looked away abruptly and swallowed the lumps in her throat because if she continues to maintain the eye contact, her heart will literally explode from beating too hard.

"A-Aren't y-you mad at me?" She questions out loud to the other while scooting away slowly from him.

B.I chuckled and smirked. He then proceed to pull Ahreum closer to him and this time, his arms were around her shoulder, preventing her from moving away. Ahreum gasp at the sudden movement and sat frozen in place. She dare not move or tilt her head as again as they were very dangerously close to each other.

"How many times do I have to remind you about my name? Do I always have to make you flushed to make you call my name correctly?" She heard him say.

"Okay fine, Hanbin," the younger replied quickly.

Ahreum turned her body slightly away from him and crossed her arms in anger.

'How can you make fun of me!' She thoughts.

The cute pink pout and the silence that his manager were showing him makes B.I smiles. He loved seeing this side of her; a pissed off Ahreum is a cute one.

"Aish, it was a joke. I pulled you closer so that we both can be warm. So, stop moving away from me, I'm cold," he explains.

Ahreum could not help but to blush again. She was in her own thoughts until she remembered about the important thing in her pocket. She stuff her hand in her pocket and struggles to get that thing out of it while B.I only watched her doing it. Ahreum smiles when she managed to get it out and handed one to B.I.

"I almost forgotten that we have these. Here, have one of it," she said and reaches out her hand to him, with the hotpack in her hand.

B.I only stared at the hotpack that was handed to him but made no attempt in taking it. Instead, he gently pushes Ahreum's hand back.

"Fine. If you don't want it, you can go ahead and freeze to death," Ahreum said and keeps the hotpack in her pocket. She holds hers in between her hands and every now and then, she would bring it to her face, snuggling at the nice warmth that is emitting by it.

Ahreum played around with the thing in her hand but stopped when
B.I.grabs her hand. He then places his own hand in between Ahreum's ones, to get the warmth from the hotpack.

"You pabo. I did that so that we can save the other hotpack for the rest of the night," B.I said to the younger.

Ahreum was literally going insane with these skinships that B.I had been doing and she swore she could feel her heart exploding inside. She takes in a deep breath and calms herself down by constantly reminding herself that it would be dawn soon and that they would get out of this situation in no time. Glancing at the watch on her wrist, Ahreum sigh heavily when it was only 12 midnight.

B.I'S POV

I woke up from my light nap when I feel something on my shoulder. I glanced at Ahreum's watch and it was only 1 in the morning. I shifted my gaze from the watch to the head resting on my shoulder. Without realising it, my free hand reaches out and it almost touched her face but I managed to pull my hand back. If she wakes up, I would not have the chance to stare at her sleeping peacefully again.

I smile when I hear the potato mumbling something in her sleep. Throughout the whole day, she has been blushing, and turning red whenever we make eye contact and when I am close to her. What an idiot. She thinks that just by turning away from me, I would not notice that red colour on her face. Song Ahreum is so innocent and cute, and that is the main reason why I fall for her.

It is getting colder now and Ahreum is snuggling closer to me. I decided that it is enough and slowly take out my phone in the pocket, afraid that any sudden movement would wake her up.

I pressed on the button on the side and it immediately turns on. Oh, I would be in a deep trouble if Ahreum knows about this. But that's even better as I had said, an angry Ahreum is a cute and an irresistable Ahreum.

Actually, my phone had battery the whole time. Heck, it's even at 100%.
I felt that I need some quality and bonding time together with her again and so I lied. It was a fun time, spending hours on the rooftop with her, especially when I saw her reaction when the door to the rooftop automatically gets locked.

Another lie; I actually knew of this place. But hey, if i hadn't lied, she would just bring me back to the dorm as it would mean nothing if I had already know about the rooftop. So I grabbed my chance and thank god, Ahreum is an oblivious girl.

Also, what she didn't know is that the rooftop would always be automatically locked after 10 pm for safety purposes. However, there is a passcode lock at the side of the entrance, that enables only the residents to access the rooftop after its door gets automatically locked. The passcode is your house number and of course, Ahreum also did not know about this.

I keep my phone and slowly stand up after gently leaning Ahreum's head on the wall. I skipped my way to the entrance and punched in the passcode, afterwards opening the door widely. I rushed back to Ahreum and slowly carried her bridal style. A smile crept on my lips when she automatically place her hand on my neck.

In the elevator, I could not help but notice how light she is and how she is in a deep sleep to have not notice that I am carrying her. I had expected her to be a light sleeper but it turns out to be the opposite. And that adds on to the list of reasons why I like her.

After punching in the codes in the dorm, I tiptoe to the living room, making as little noise as possible. I then place her down gently on the couch opposite Yoyo's bunk bed. I remove her shoes and placed it at the entrance. I saw Yoyo covered with a thick and soft blanket so I snatched it away from his body and use it to cover Ahreum's body instead. Seeing her snuggling immediately into the warmth of the blanket makes me smile too.

"It was nice to spend time with you at the rooftop just now, Ahreum," I whisper while giving one last look at her sleeping figure.

Sadly, when the sun rises, what happened at the rooftop would only be a memory.

How I wish I could stop time right at this moment.