Chapter 1 - Home - Phillip Phillips

Hey guys! Here is the first chapter and I really hope you guys enjoy it.

As soon as the plane lands my heart starts to beat ten times faster then what I think is healthy. The ten minutes that it takes for the plane to connect to the airport seems like ten hours. As soon as the pilot turns off the seatbelt seat everybody stands up and grabs their bags. You have know idea how much I want to grab my bag and rush of the plane but because of some stupid chain around My neck I have to wait.

Everybody takes forever to climb off of the plane and by the time everybody is off about twenty minutes have passed. A flight attendant comes to get me and she grabs my bag while I walk behind her.

Once we are off the plane she sets down my bags. "Would you like me to get you a wheel chair?" She asks in a sickly sweet voice.

"I think after a year of walking like this I am fine." I grumble back to her before snatching my bag out of her hands and storming off. Well, sort of storming off I mean I can only go so fast.

"Are you sure?" She asks worried "uh miss" I ignore her annoying voice and make my way through the airport. When I finally get to the staircase leading down to baggage claim I sigh. Even though I have had a prosthetic leg for just under a year now, stairs are still super hard for me.

I walk over to the elevator and decide to play it safe. The elevator descends ever so slowly but, finally it reaches the ground level. I walk out and search the crowd of people looking for my family. I soon, spot a redhead and rush over to it.

Once my brother sees me he breaks out into a huge smile. I smile back and I bet you that my smile is ten times bigger. I run over to him which ends up being a bit more of a hobble but, eventually we meet up.

I go straight in for a big hug. He wraps his arms around my waist and I hold on tightly to his. We just stay like that for a minute or two before we pull away. I step back to have a closer look at him. He has grown a lot since I saw him last but, that isn't saying much because I haven't seen him in about two years. He used to be the same height as me but, now he is towering above me. His red hair is cut short and cropped and it looks great. His brown eyes are twinkling with happiness and he has a huge smile plasters on his face.

"Oh my gosh! I have missed you so much you don't even know it! I am so happy to be able to see you again! Wow! You are so much taller then me! I missed you so so much!" I tell him excitedly as I go in for another hug.

"I missed you to Reggy" my brother tells me calling me with my childhood nickname.

"By any chance is mom here too?" I ask him quietly.

"No sorry, Reg she had to work." He explains.

"Figures" I mumble under my breath.

"Well, let's go get your bags." He tells me picking up my backpack and walking over to the luggage belt. He walks slowly so I can keep up with him which is seriously nice of him.

When we get to the belt my bags are already out so, we don't have to wait at all. Cole grabs my two bags and places them on to a luggage cart. "Okay, so I am parked in lot B, so we shouldn't have to walk to far." He tells me as we walk to the parking lot. It is kind of weird that Cole can drive now because when I left he couldn't and now he can.

We walk over to a shiny black BMW. "Is this your car?" I ask him.

"Yep! This is my baby." He says with a grin. I am not surprised that he got a BMW I mean, Mom has quite a lot of money so, I definitely am not surprised.

Cole loads up my luggage into the trunk and I walk over to the passenger seat and climb in. Cole pulls out of the airport parking lot and before I know it we are outside. It is kind of weird seeing your city after two whole years of being away I mean lots of things have changed so it is kind of weird.