Chapter 10 - I just wanna run - Downtown Fiction

Chapter 10! Please enjoy! Oh my gosh I can't believe that I forgot to post on Monday like how super embarrassing is that? I haven't actually posted in 2 weeks and I have no idea how that happened. I apologize. I'm pretty sure that I started to post this two weeks ago but, I only clicked the save button and not the publish button and then this week, school started so I guess I must have been to focused in that or something. To make up, I'm going to be posting two chapters today so, after you finish reading this one you can just go straight to the next one. Sorry sorry sorry. I'm so embarrassed. Anyways, enjoy.

I am super excited to see Logan play soccer. When I was little I used to love soccer, I mainly used to watch it on tv but, sometimes I would play. You can probably already figure out that I don't play anymore.

Since it is now starting to get super cold outside and a little snow is already starting to turn up, I pull on all my warm clothes. The outdoor soccer season goes until November usually and since it is almost November today will be their last game outside. After today they change to the indoor fields.

Once I am all dressed and everything I rush downstairs and into my brother's room. "Heeyyy Cole!" I say in a super nice tone "how is my lovely twin brother doing today?" He looks up from his phone staring at me flatly.

"What do you need Regs?" He asks annoyed.

"Well, I was wondering if my amazing twin brother would be able to drive me somewhere this afternoon?" I ask him in the sweetest voice I can muster. I seriously sucks not being able to drive I mean, I have to ask my brother to drive me to this soccer game.

"Where do you need to go?" He asks in the same tone he used earlier.

"Well, Logan invited me to his soccer game and I really want to go." I explain with a pouty voice "and you and I both know that I can't just drive myself can I?"

"I guess you are right, fine I will drive you but, you will have to find another ride home." He tells me as he slowly gets out of bed and pulls on a pair of pants and shirt (he wasn't wearing any clothes other then his boxers earlier).

I rush downstairs as fast as my artificial leg will take me. I figure that my bro will not be so happy to drive me to Starbucks too before hand so I decide to make myself a hot chocolate. I grab the milk and boil it on the stove and carefully measure out the right amount of cocoa and sugar (I am not one of those chepo people who just use the mix or syrup). I carefully pour the right amount of cream into a bowl and start to beat it. Soon it turns into a delicious frothy mess and I plop it on top of my hot chocolate that is now in a thermos. I quickly add a dash of cinnamon and some lovely marshmallows and then close the lid.

When my brother comes down I literally yank his arm as I pull him towards his car. Oh man! I am SO excited! Snowflakes are staring to fall which is kind of annoying because if they don't stop soon they will probably have to cancel the game but, thankfully by the time we get to the field all the snow has stopped and the sky is clearing up. "Goodbye wonderful brother of mine who drove me to this game." I shout over my shoulder as I walk towards the field.

There is a big stand set up and everything on one side of the field. I walk towards he stand looking for a certain guy who always makes me smile. He finds me before I find him and he starts rushing over towards me. "Hey Regean!" He says with a big smile etched on his face.

I grin back at him "where should I sit?"

"Well, you have two options you can either sit with the rest of the people who come to see the show or you can sit beside my coach. I told him about your leg and everything and he said that you could sit with him because he has a big heater beside him and that way your leg won't freeze or anything."