Chapter 14 - Birthday - Katy Perry

Chapter 14, Happy Reading!

I take out all the ingredients that are needed for a triple chocolate cake. I carefully start to follow the recipient step by step, until the cake is in the oven. Now, what? Time for the icing. I grab the icing sugar, vanilla, cocoa, butter and milk and carefully follow the instructions to make the icing. Once, my icing is all done I sit back on one of the kitchen barstools and watch the cake bake.

Why am I up at 6:30 in the morning? Well, I am making a cake for Logan obviously. Duh. I really want everything to be ready for him when he wakes up. I figure that since it is the weekend he probably won't wake up until at least 9:00 but, just to be sure, I am planning on going over at 8:30.

I actually woke up at 6:00 to start the cake which might be a little early but, better safe then sorry. While the cake is cooking I decide to prep the small part of Logan's birthday present. I grab the basket I bought a few days ago and all the things I bought along with it.

First, I place a blue, cloth over the basket so that it is called covered. Then, I place in a packet of M&Ms, some Cracker Jack and two bite brownies. Beside all the food I add the two cans of coke. I grab the soccer jersey and carefully fold it and gently place it beside the food. On top of the jersey I place one of super good quality soccer balls that I saw Logan starring at when we went shopping a little while ago. Last, but, least I add the soccer tickets and the dinner reservation details.

I really hope Logan like his gift, because if he doesn't I have no idea what he will like. I check on the cake and decide that I have enough time to quickly get dressed. I walk over to my room and then walk to my closet. I pull out a pair of dark wash skinny jeans, and then a cream coloured lulu lemon long sleeve. I add one of the lulu lemon button scarf things (mine is burgundy and cream coloured) and pull that over my head. I figure that I should probably dress a little sporty cause we are going to a sporting event.

I zip back to the kitchen and then take out the cake. I decide that I will give it thirty minutes to cool off and then I will ice it. I go back to my room where I brush out my hair and then braid a small section of hair and pin it back. I wash my face and then add a little mascara and a tiny bit of eyeliner. Satisfied, I go back downstairs where I decide that the cake is cooled enough.

I grab a palate I if and a bunch of icing and spread it over the top of the cake. I continue the pattern until everything is covered. I grab a block of chocolate and place it in my hand. I take on of those potato peeler things and carefully shave of some chocolate. I place the shaved chocolate on the top of the cake as garnish.

Wow! The cake looks way better then I expected it to! I glance at the clock. It is 8:10. I might as well just head over now to setup. Yesterday, I called Logan's mom to tell her about my plan and she said that I could come over whenever and that I didn't have to worry about her or his dad being there because they had to go to work early.

I feel bed for Logan because he doesn't really have anyone home for him. Apparently according to him, his parents used to be home all the time and everything but, once his sister committed suicide. They both pretty much disappeared. And it wasn't as if they were making big bucks either. His mom was a waitress and his dad was construction working. It is super good for Logan how he has pretty good grades because this way he will be able to get into a good collage/university but, honestly I think he could probably get a soccer scholarship of he wanted to.

I grab the basket and and the cake. I shrug on my winter coat and grab a pair of mitts before heading out the door. Thankfully, Logan's house isn't too far away form mine so I can walk instead of having Cole drive me. The air is really cold and there are buckets of snow on the ground. I still can't believe that in a week or two, I am heading to Australia!!