Chapter 21 - You & I - One direction

Okay so I'm so embarrassed because I posted the wrong chapter but anyways, please enjoy!

The hospital bench is cold. I hate hospitals. They bring back all the memory's. Right now, I'm trying my best not to be overwhelmed with everything but, I honestly can't. Logan is in a hospital room. I'm outside the hospital room. I have no clue what the hell is going on.

I shift my body weight so that I'm leaning against Cole. "He's going to be okay Regs." Cole says rubbing my back.

"How do you know that? When I went to the hospital the first time, everyone was like 'you are going to be okay.' But, you know what?? I wasn't ok. I had cancer and it spread like shit. I had to get my leg chopped off and then I had to go away to England! England not, somewhere else in Canada hell, not even the US I was stuck in England." I tell him angrily before bursting into tears.

I guess maybe inside I know that Logan will be fine but, I keep having déjà vous. I mean, I didn't brake my leg or anything but, my leg was so sore I could barley walk. "Sorry, I just really really want him to be okay." I tell him quietly.

"Shh, it's okay." He reply's gently playing with my hair. "Why don't you get some sleep?"

"But-" I start but, he soon cuts me off.

"Look, I promise that of the doctors come I will wake you up okay?" He says looking at me.

"Fine." I grumble before placing my head in Cole's lap and outstretching my legs onto the bench and slowly drifting off into a somewhat light sleep.

++++++

"Regean." Someone shakes me gently and I look up to see Cole staring back at me.

"What?" I mumble sleepily.

"The doctor is coming." I sit up lazily and see that a young man in a doctors coat is coming our way. I rub my eyes and then comb my fingers through my hair trying to look at least presentable.

"Are you guys family of Logan Smith?" The doctor asks. I have no idea why he asks us that question because Cole and I don't look anything like Logan at all.

"N-" I start but, am cut off by Cole.

"Yes." He says confidently. I turn around and give him a quizzical look and he just gives me his I know what I'm doing, trust me look. I turn back to face the doctor.

"Where are your parents?" He asks.

"They aren't here at the moment." Cole reply's.

It's true. Logan's parents aren't here. After the soccer game, Logan was supposed to come and stay with us for the week because his parents are in Turkey on a business trip. We phoned them and they told us that they would be here by Tuesday but, that's still three days from now. I guess they want to try and finish up some work before they come home even thought their only son is in he hospital.

My mom is supposed to be here by now but, she hasn't showed up yet so, I have no idea where she is. I guess that it is fair that we say we are Logan's family because He doesn't have anybody else here for him right now.

"Okay, well I guess that I can start by telling you his conditions." He says looking at his files.

Cole and I both nod.

"Okay, so he has just finished going through surgery" he starts but, I cut him off.

"For what?"

"Oh, well, his break was something that couldn't just be fixed by putting a cast on so, we had him go through surgery so, we could align the bones properly and add some metal pins to try and keep it in place." He explains. I nod in understanding.