𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝟵. i'm sorry, dad

CHAPTER NINEI'M SORRY, DAD

CHAPTER NINE
I'M SORRY, DAD

When Stiles and Belle had gotten home, the atmosphere was almost awkward. Stiles had stayed downstairs watching TV, and Belle had gone upstairs to her room. Noah wasn't home, working at the station again. And so, Anabelle was startled when she saw someone in Stiles' room on the way to hers, staring at his crime board.

"Lia?" She called out, the Hale snapping her head in the Stilinski's direction, releasing a deep breath.

"Sorry, I'm not Stiles. I can go get him, if you want?" She suggested, though Malia shook her head.

"I actually came here to talk to both of you."

"Are you okay? Where've you been?" Anabelle asked, furrowing her brows in concern for her brother's girlfriend. Despite Stiles putting her above his own sister, she didn't hold anything against Malia. She knew how hard it would be for her the first few months of becoming human again.

"I've been uh- talking to Peter." She replied bluntly, tears brimming her eyes. She wasn't okay, she wasn't okay and she knew it.

"Look- Mal, I had no idea your name was on that list, but even I think talking to Peter Hale, despite what he tells you— is never a good idea." Anabelle told her, remembering the man who turned every part of her and her friend's lives to shit. The one who bit her that night of the full moon.

The one who turned her into what she was now.

"He was talking about you, y'know? About your family." Malia stated, the girl in front of her furrowing her brows. "Your real family. The Varlett's. Have you done any research on them?"

"I've been trying. Though I can't find anything about them." Anabelle replied, leaning against Stiles' drawer with an intrigued look.

"Peter didn't tell me much, he said he wanted you to work it out on your own. But I think they were good friends of the Hale's. Maybe ask Derek if he knows anything. Or if you want to see Peter, I'll come with you. Just for backup." Malia told her, the younger girl furrowing her brows. Derek knew about the Varlett's, and he had never told her.

"Thank you— for telling me. I know how hard it probably is for you right now, but remember that Peter is cruel and manipulative, he's a killer. But you're not him, Malia. You're not a killer." Anabelle told her softly, the werecoyote looking down at the floor.

"Maybe I am." She whispered, walking past the Stilinski with her head down, handing her the third part of the Deadpool before leaving.