𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝟰𝟬. thomas chasen

CHAPTER FORTYTHOMAS CHASEN

CHAPTER FORTY
THOMAS CHASEN

ASHER VARLETT SAT ON A CHAIR in the middle of the darkened room of his home. A cigarette between his fingers, tracing towards his lips. In front of him, was a large floor plan of where the Dread Doctors were staying, covered in scribbles of pen as he tried to make a plan on how to defeat them. He was almost sure that Anabelle had died that night, meaning he would've gained her power in order to stop the Doctors before they destroyed him. Sure, the man felt guilty. But Asher had never dealt well with compassion, he believed that what he was doing had good intentions, therefore meaning there was no problem with it.

He didn't think killing his own sister in cold blood was all that wrong when right consequences came out of it.

Well, he knew lying to her for months on end was messed up, but in all fairness, most of it was the truth. He had gone to New Orleans after his mother was slaughtered by Mage Hunters, though that was after they'd killed the Hunter's family first. But Lorenzo Varlett's suicide was no lie, Peter Hale was the one behind their entire twisted family origin.

And how Asher fell in with Theo Raeken and The Dread Doctors? He was eleven years old, no family, friends, power. Stumbled across them as he fled the city. The Doctors promised him protection, power—

His family back.

And that's what Asher believed, and he waited. But weeks began to blend into months, and months began to fall into years. Until it were nine years later, and Asher was twenty years old. Realising that it was merely a trap he'd fallen into. He had to do things their way, and if he didn't, he'd fear his life.

The only person who had got him through it during his nine years with the Dread Doctors was Theo. Sure, they were both cold-hearted and selfish, and if either of them had to choose to save one, they'd choose themselves. But the two boys understood eachother.

The understood how it felt to be powerless, weak, scared. And soon enough, they saw themselves more as brothers than anything else.

They shared the same pain and sorrow. But they also shared the same cruel and selfish ways. Because once, Asher and Theo were innocent. They were children. Until the Dread Doctors corrupted and manipulated them into villains.

The sound of clattering snapped Asher from his trance, reaching forwards to hide the floor plan though Theo had rushed in before he had the chance to. His face held an eery smirk, though Asher could tell he was almost afraid.

"Your plan sucked, by the way. Anabelle's still alive. Stiles has never been closer with her. And I still haven't gained Scott's power." Theo complained, throwing his jacket down whilst Asher closed his eyes.