𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝟯𝟰. you didn't choose this life

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOURYOU DIDN'T CHOOSE THIS LIFE

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
YOU DIDN'T CHOOSE THIS LIFE

ANABELLE HADN'T GONE HOME ALL NIGHT. She tried to call Liam's hundred times, though he'd declined every single one of them. She knew deep down why, but she didn't want to believe that he didn't trust her enough to even hear the girl out. And now, she was left in the dark wondering where their relationship stood. Stiles hadn't answered either, and Scott and Isaac had gone back home to find Melissa.

Theo had left for a while, and the minute he came back? Anabelle had punched him. She hit him for kissing her and ruining what was left of hers and Liam's relationship, for telling Scott about her brother. He knew Liam was in the car a few metres away.

He knew that Liam would've watched.

After that, the two had formed an extremely awkward and uncomfortable silence all night. Where Belle watched Hayden and Theo watched Belle. He tried to apologise, though the blonde wouldn't even let him speak to her— she was pissed off, upset that not only would he ruin her relationship with Liam, he ruined hers and Stiles' with Scott as well.

And now, a few hours later as dawn began to rise, Melissa, Scott and Isaac all hurried into the Animal Clinic, hands full with boxes of hospital equipment that they would hope to save Hayden's life. They set up around the metal bed, whilst Belle sat beside the girl, not helping, just holding her hand as she slowly faded away. She was growing more tired each minute. Belle? She was growing more powerful, more angry.

And then, the door had opened and Liam came through, looking down at the floor. His hair was dishevelled, most likely from where he probably walked home in the rain the night before. Anabelle practically felt her heart ache at the sight of him so hurt, though this wasn't the time for teen drama. This was life or death.

"What's that?" Asked Isaac.

"It's called Chelation Therapy. It removes heavy metals from the blood, but the problem is that it can injure the kidneys— and Hayden only has one to begin with so..." Melissa explained, and Belle looked down at the Romero, skin paling, sweat forming on the surface.

Belle looked down at her in pity, hand squeezing Hayden's. If someone would have told her a month ago that she'd be here with a girl she once sought as her enemy, holding and comforting her whilst she slowly died from the inside— Belle would've laughed, and probably said that it was 'Karma.'

Though now, as she stared down at the corpse-like Chimera infront of her, she knew she never really hated Hayden. It was always jealousy, and the same went for the said girl.