𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝟭𝟯. you confuse me too

CHAPTER THIRTEENYOU CONFUSE ME TOO

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
YOU CONFUSE ME TOO

IT HAD BEEN AROUND A WEEK, and everything was beginning to settle back into normality. There were no assassins, no Benefactor, and Anabelle hadn't seen the Chasen man since he'd shot her. Her hand was slowly healing still, and her and Liam were talking again. There was still the awkward lingering silence in the atmosphere every so often, though with Mason Hewitt with them every second— he'd managed to get their
minds off each other.

And so, Anabelle was sat on Liam's bed, eating a takeaway pizza that she had ordered whilst she watched him and Mason play video games. She was playing for about ten minutes, before they suspected that she was cheating from all the wins she was getting and kicked her off. The girl had watched for a few moments later, observing as Liam won yet another game.

"When did you get so good? You been practicing, or did you suddenly get superhuman reflexes?" Mason joked, and Belle widened her eyes at Liam, who glanced in her direction as they knew that he really did.

"Uh- practicing. Yeah, I've been practicing." Liam lied, and the blonde girl almost snorted a laugh at how bad his lies sounded.

"And I should be studying." Mason replied, putting down the controller as he stood up.

"Where are you going?" Liam asked nervously, sounding as if he didn't want the boy to leave.

"Home? And Belle should too. We've got a History test tomorrow." Mason answered, the girl's jaw dropping. "We do?" She asked.

"Yeah, our teacher's been telling us all week?"

"I haven't been in all week. Or last week." Anabelle replied, furrowing her brows as she realised just how bad her attendance was. Oops, she thought to herself, not exactly caring that much.

"Oh, please. Just one more game." Liam pleaded, and Belle noticed the anxiousness in his voice. He didn't want to be alone, and she knew why. His nightmares of the Berserkers.

"Yeah, you said that four games ago. Belle, I can walk you home if you'd like?" Mason offered, and the girl stood up, chucking on her hoodie.

"Well, study here. You can stay over, both of you. Come on, one more game. Just one."

"Li, you okay?" Anabelle asked, glancing at a confused Mason as they realised the difference in the way he was acting.

"Yeah, you're right, you should go. I should probably study too. See you at school." Liam told them in sadness, looking down at his lap. Belle looked at Mason, knowing he wouldn't be allowed to stay at Liam's on a school night, but her father had a night shift— so she was. Or at-least, as long as Stiles didn't tell him.