𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝟭𝟭. for allison's sake

CHAPTER ELEVENFOR ALLISON'S SAKE

CHAPTER ELEVEN
FOR ALLISON'S SAKE

ANABELLE HADN'T SEEN LIAM SINCE LAST NIGHT, after defeating the men who tried to kill them, Isaac had shown up and driven her home. She tried to talk to him, though he had brushed her off and walked past her. She felt awful. She'd publicly humiliated and rejected him. But when she had heard about her brother and Lydia all most dying at Eichen, the girl's mind had cleared. Her only worry being if they were okay as she walked through the hospital, eventually finding Stiles' room.

"Hey, you okay? God, I heard you almost got killed." She breathed, running into his room and hugging the older Stilinski who returned the gesture.

"I'm fine. I heard you almost got killed. And also that you totally friend zoned Dunbar." Stiles began, reminding the girl who was now sat on his hospital bed beside him, rolling her eyes.

"It's complicated. We're complicated." Belle hummed, looking down at her white nail polish as she bit her glossy lip awkwardly, leaning towards her brother.

"No it's not."

"It's not?"

"Of course it isn't. He loves you, you don't love him back— and that's okay. No ones forcing you to fall in love with him or anything. You can't control how you feel." Stiles replied, looking down at his sister, who looked up with wide brown eyes.

"That's the thing, Stiles. I don't know how I feel about him. It's not like I'm ready to sell my soul to the devil for his attention or anything. But I regret it. I regret what I said. And I know I didn't mean it." She told him, staring at a small stain on the wall, her brother furrowing his brows as he watched her.

"So you do love him?"

"No, I don't. I haven't got it figured out yet, I haven't got anything figured out."

"Do you remember when I was a sophomore? I thought I was completely and utterly in love with Lydia since third grade. God, I'd follow her around like a lost puppy. I drove you crazy always talking about her, about what she did today, how long she looked at me, how she smelt. But she didn't want anything to do with me, she didn't even notice me— not once. And then I met Malia— she changed everything, she made me forget, she loved me back. And I got over my longing crush for Lydia." Stiles began, and Anabelle giggled as she listened to his story.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying, imagine yourself in Lydia's shoes. I mean, I know Lydia doesn't care— but how would you feel if Liam suddenly got over you, if he moved on— if he found someone else that he fell in love with?" Stiles asked his sister, who furrowed her brows as she began to fall into a trance of thought. Thinking about it, Anabelle would despise it, she probably couldn't ever look at the girl without a feeling of jealousy? washing over her. Stiles waited for an answer, though Belle refused to give one— almost ashamed to talk about her feelings.